maxcarpets

Replacement engines
« on: March 23, 2008, 09:19:29 am »
Happy Easter to all.

I have sorted out my Blazer but it got me thinking. I wondered if anyone as ever replaced the briggs & stratton engine a blazer, if so how much did it cost?

Cheers

Justin

Actually if anyone has one sitting around I would be interested as a spare, I know its not likely but worth asking.

Mr Dvae

Re: Replacement engines
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 11:02:45 am »
i think they're about £980 plus vat

richie

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 11:28:33 am »
Hi Justin,

The prices range from £900 - £1400.  Some places have discount offers from time to time which is why it varies.  I have changed the Briggs engine on a few Prochem Cubs which is basically the same machine and it is very easy to do.

Richie.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 12:11:58 pm »
I fitted a 18hp Kohler engine in place of my 16hp B&S, it fitted perfect even the 4 baseplate holes where exactly right. Although the exhaust manifold might need some adjustment.

might be worth looking into and I've heard the 20hp & the 24hp kohler's are exactly the same size as the 18hp engine so you could do a major power upgrade if you were to change over to a kohler engine

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

nevil

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 03:53:29 pm »
I fitted a 18hp Kohler engine in place of my 16hp B&S, it fitted perfect even the 4 baseplate holes where exactly right. Although the exhaust manifold might need some adjustment.

might be worth looking into and I've heard the 20hp & the 24hp kohler's are exactly the same size as the 18hp engine so you could do a major power upgrade if you were to change over to a kohler engine

You are right Mike, I to have noticed this. You can download the approprate drawings complete with dimensions from the kohler and B&S websites. I have a kohler triad 18hp and a B&S 20HP and they look to be interchangable in every respect. even down to the shaft size and location.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 04:57:42 pm »
what i would do is get myself on a u.s. borad and start makeing friends with people get as much info out of them as you can then ship one over from the u.s. myself far cheaper

richie

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 05:16:12 pm »
mike,

how much are the 18 or 20 hp kohler engines?

Richie.