Ian101

Lost my first ever house today
« on: January 04, 2014, 11:56:31 pm »
This house got me started in window cleaning back in Feb 2010 ... was only the 2nd house i canvassed and been great customers until about 6 months ago when unknows to me the origional customer moved out and his brother moved in and rented it from him.

Problems started when the payments drifted so knocked it and got told about the move and the new guy told me that he wasnt allowed a cheque book (bankrupt ??) and didnt do online banking so had to cash collect from under the donkey  ::)roll

Anyways garden has slowly become a dog toilet, got a leave it this time as its gonna rain few months back  and today started on rears and was about to take a picture of all the dog crap when Mr Slobby pops his head out and gives it "I wouldnt bother mate looks like its gonna rain (blue sky) ......... said its wales mate its defo gonna rain some time soon ... so Mr Slobby gives it "will call you in the spring when the weathers better"

Just smiled and said yup ok as cant be bothered with these kinda people ... come spring I will be highly suprised if he does ask but will be repriced accordingly if he does.

Ian101

Re: Lost my first ever house today
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 12:06:05 am »
however did pick up a new £12 job 20 mins before Mr Slobby dumped me  :)

8weekly

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 06:58:19 am »
I would have dumped after the first "can you leave it".

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 07:31:41 am »
i wouldnt take him back on no way.late payer and dog crap all over the garden?doesnt have a cheque book or online bank account?

c mon ian!surely you wouldnt take him back on unless he moves out and his brother moves back in! ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

8weekly

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 08:10:04 am »
i wouldnt take him back on no way.late payer and dog crap all over the garden?doesnt have a cheque book or online bank account?

c mon ian!surely you wouldnt take him back on unless he moves out and his brother moves back in! ;D ;D ;D
I reckon Ian had been drinking and feeling the love.  ;D

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 10:03:29 am »
Found that house you have lost , someone has been on your patch !
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

Fin Clearview

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 10:07:14 pm »
3 years in WC and 1 down, not bad I reckon.

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 10:27:12 pm »

I reckon Ian had been drinking and feeling the love.  ;D

no drinking but high on sugar eating all the leftover christmas choclate  ;D

in the middle of a row of 5 on an estate we do about 15 ish on so this and being sentimental over house number 1 but nope cant really see me wanting him back will just tell him we dont do seasonal but can do you a one off for £40 if dog crap picked up

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 10:36:13 pm »

I respectfully disagree - if you've only lost/dumped one customer in 3 years you are not training them right or charging them enough.
It's a game of three halves!

PoleKing

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 10:41:15 pm »

I reckon Ian had been drinking and feeling the love.  ;D

no drinking but high on sugar eating all the leftover christmas choclate  ;D

in the middle of a row of 5 on an estate we do about 15 ish on so this and being sentimental over house number 1 but nope cant really see me wanting him back will just tell him we dont do seasonal but can do you a one off for £40 if dog crap picked up

Stick 'em on GoCardless.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Fin Clearview

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 11:31:53 pm »

I respectfully disagree - if you've only lost/dumped one customer in 3 years you are not training them right or charging them enough.

...or maybe Ian puts a dash of old spice in his water and the ladies just love him (secret ingredient) ?..

Ian101

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 11:37:38 pm »

...or maybe Ian puts a dash of old spice in his water and the ladies just love him (secret ingredient) ?..

:o

take it slow

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 01:58:46 am »
I think im getting a bit old for this game, its not loosing customers i worry about. Its remembering which houses are my customers??????? But when i do get a customer that says they dont want me anymore invariably they were the ones with the dog poop or the stupid ornaments that get tangled up in the hoses. So im glad to rid of them. There are millions of houses in this country, so just go and find some more. 

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 07:53:45 am »
I think im getting a bit old for this game, its not loosing customers i worry about. Its remembering which houses are my customers??????? But when i do get a customer that says they dont want me anymore invariably they were the ones with the dog poop or the stupid ornaments that get tangled up in the hoses. So im glad to rid of them. There are millions of houses in this country, so just go and find some more. 

You're supposed to come out of hibernation in the spring Tony! Not every 5 years in the middle of winter and in the middle of the night! Don't leave it so long next time ...  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

8weekly

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 09:13:11 pm »
Yes, amazing that. The ones that dump me or leave me no choice but to dump are always the ones I hate doing.