davids3511

Re: Another customer email!
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 08:30:51 pm »
David, how would you react to the email if you had 800 other custies? How would you react if you only had 8 custies?

Collect what they owe and replace them with a few new custies.
I guess the reaction would be the same. There is no way in the world I would clean 2x a month for £10.00. If I only had 8 customers I might begin to doubt the viability of my pricing structure as I would be pretty new to the game. However, I have 350 all on the same structure and I get about 8 in 10 of new customers so i guess I am confident I charge a fair price for a good service.

davids3511

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 08:33:48 pm »
so is it £5 or 10 a clean? ???
It is £10.00 a clean once a month.

cozy

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 08:34:06 pm »
Yes mate, what I meant was, does it matter tomorrow? get the cash, make sure you know why they cancelled and correct the problem, then replace with 2 or 3 new custies. Nobody is really worth that much hassle if they are a 10 quid custy. Know what I'm trying to  say?

davids3511

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 08:34:40 pm »
i would drop them and go out and canvess some one who wants you to clean there windows,  theres pleanty out there

They are already dropped and thankfully I have picked up 3 new this week alone with 4 more still to see and quote.

cozy

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 08:35:27 pm »
Cool, job done 8)

davids3511

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 08:35:59 pm »
Yes mate, what I meant was, does it matter tomorrow? get the cash, make sure you know why they cancelled and correct the problem, then replace with 2 or 3 new custies. Nobody is really worth that much hassle if they are a 10 quid custy. Know what I'm trying to  say?

Yeh, I need to chill. It's not the end of the world, just bloody anoying for a few minutes and then I get over it.

davids3511

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 08:37:31 pm »
Nowt as queer as folk. If you write and send anything funny, customer could send it to the papers.

I once had a customer write off to his MP to complain I had not turned up to give him a quote on a set day at a set time, which I knew nothing about until I received a follow up letter from the MP which I had to deal with urgently to protect my reputation.
You would think the MP would have something better to do with his time. Probably charged £50.00 in expenses to reply to you.

davids3511

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 08:37:54 pm »
beats me why you give out your e mail adress,why make hassle
So they can send me payment by Paypal.

prestigeclean

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 08:41:06 pm »
the great thing  about this job is that once you,ve built a decent round you can afford to tell the difficult custies to take a run and jump , great reply , i bet it ruined her day lol regards alan

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 08:44:22 pm »
David, I'm a wordy windbag err... eloquent writer of the finest prose (  ;D ) and I loved your reply. If you are squeezing 6 wks work into 5 then you need to lose the rubbish and to do it with a flourish can be very satisfying indeed!

It's a game of three halves!

davids3511

Another customer email! - The reply.
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 03:58:00 pm »
Just received today -

Fare enough David, obviously a misunderstanding, please continue to clean the windows and I will make arrangements for the transfer to be made of the outstanding money.

Thanks and apologies for the misunderstanding

Blah

vacman

Re: Another customer email! - The reply
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2009, 04:04:49 pm »
LOL i'd be too embarrased to go back, were it me.

I'd be very embarrased if i were her too......i'd kill anyone who discussed my 'back door' and the 'state of it'with the window cleaner  :-X

cozy

Re: Another customer email! - The reply.
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2009, 04:06:43 pm »
Just received today -

Fare enough David, obviously a misunderstanding, please continue to clean the windows and I will make arrangements for the transfer to be made of the outstanding money.

Blah

Classic, just goes to show what a difference 24 hrs can make. Nice result.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2009, 04:22:30 pm »
seemsyou ad a nutty custie mate replace with new custies ad a customer last week said to me due to recession can you give a cheaper qoute i replied yes i can but i missed a few windows for compensation  remember trust no one mates your in it for the money only

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2009, 04:32:18 pm »
Nice reply, tell us did you send the complete response to her though :)
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

davids3511

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2009, 04:36:34 pm »
Nice reply, tell us did you send the complete response to her though :)
Yes, exactly as it was here. No editing.

davids3511

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2009, 04:37:27 pm »
LOL i'd be too embarrased to go back, were it me.

I'd be very embarrased if i were her too......i'd kill anyone who discussed my 'back door' and the 'state of it'with the window cleaner  :-X
They are never there anyway, I haven't seen them since the day I signed them up 6 months ago.

davids3511

Re: Another customer email! - The reply.
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2009, 04:38:10 pm »
Just received today -

Blah

Classic, just goes to show what a difference 24 hrs can make. Nice result.
Thing is Cozy, I'm not sure I want them back. In fact I am sure I don't. Am I just being an arse if I don't go back though?

wfp master

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2009, 05:17:20 pm »
tell them u will do them again then dont turn up if they email you say i will be round tomorrow keep doing that.

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2009, 05:36:44 pm »
Nowt as queer as folk. If you write and send anything funny, customer could send it to the papers.

I once had a customer write off to his MP to complain I had not turned up to give him a quote on a set day at a set time, which I knew nothing about until I received a follow up letter from the MP which I had to deal with urgently to protect my reputation.

Should have told the MP that you couldn't turn up because you were in the middle of a 6 week, expenses paid holiday.