richywilts

ANOTHER CARAVAN QUESTION!!!
« on: February 12, 2009, 09:19:50 pm »
friends parents have a static caravan on a site how much can you charge to clean exterior of these as the site reopens in march and its by the coast so they should all need a gud clean after the winter??

id prob use tfr or just pure water depends on condition

any help would be appreciated.i know it will vary depending on size etc just like a rough figure if anyone can give any input.

cheers richy
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Tosh

Re: ANOTHER CARAVAN QUESTION!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 09:28:12 pm »
Caravan cleaning in a genre all of it's own.  You can do courses to learn about caravan valeting and if you get it wrong (which is easily done) you can cause possibly thousands-of-pounds worth of damage.

But it seems fairly safe if you just use pure water and your normal window cleaning poles; though getting to the roof is difficult and the job will take longer than what you think; I'd say at least three hours for a dirty caravan; longer if you open the windows and clean round the frames and stuff with a cloth.

Pure water and a window cleaning brush won't remove stubborn mildew spots either; you've got to get up close and personal with a scrubbing brush; awkward when they're mostly on the roof!

I've got a caravan that needs a good clean!  >:(

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 09:57:01 pm »
Oh, also I wouldn't use TFR either; caravan windows can be tempermental things and can 'crazy pave' (a sort of 'cracking effect') if you use the wrong sort of chemicals on them; you'll have to google for what the wrong sort of chemicals are though; I can't remember.

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 11:11:06 pm »
cheers tosh cudve saved me a possible claim there haha, yeah ive looked on caravan cleaning website and seen various products for cleaning caravans before just though wfp was good enough

cheers richy
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 11:32:56 pm »
No probs, Richy; I hope I didn't sound to negative; but there's more to cleaning caravans than you'd think.

gary999

Re: ANOTHER CARAVAN QUESTION!!! New
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 10:15:57 am »
i clean my own static make sure all vents are covered use pure water
only away you go roof first obviously comes up a treat.a cleaner on my
site charges £50 a time gets plenty of work begining and end of season, hours
work at most once your used to it