david willis

Another death waiting to happen
« on: November 07, 2012, 01:46:26 pm »
I have just been sent this video from a past attendee on our QCF course

What do you think?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=375757082502403

Wasn't sure how to upload on here so you can view it on our facebook page  ;)

MWC

Re: Another death waiting to happen
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 01:48:57 pm »
Dont even think the window got cleaned

TomCrowther

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 02:35:29 pm »
Didn't do the best job did he?

john the cleaner

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 03:36:55 pm »
hes not a window cleaner its his own flat i hope lol

robbo333

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 04:13:24 pm »
Wow that was really scary...he could have landed on the roof of my Porsche!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

andyM

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 05:00:31 pm »
If people are stupid enough to employ him to "clean" their windows more fool them.
I think he's probably dead from the neck up anyway.........
One of the Plebs

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 05:17:14 pm »
"adapt and over come",cant see the problem,too much HSE about these days,good on him

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 06:16:43 pm »
What a wimp ;D

When I worked for A.F.Cheese & Sons Ltd, doing all Inner London Education Authority schools, we would have laughed him off the job.  Why didn't he walk round the sill and do all the other outsides?

And yes, I am serious - back in the late 60's/early 70's that was the way we were taught to do them.  All the London firms worked the same way - I was with Cheese's for three years and in that time never heard of anyone falling.

I'm not advocating doing them that way nowadays, but I agree with Bobplum, even if his comments were tongue-in-cheek, some of the current H&S restrictions are over the top.

idealrob

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 08:16:50 pm »
Too much H & S, imo i dont think we can have too much, all the regualtion and H & S laws are for our and our employees protection, i am glad i take it serious, and after over 30 years still learning,

idealrob

bobplum

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 08:27:53 pm »
yes it was tongue in cheek ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Clean Safe

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 08:52:28 pm »
What a wimp ;D

When I worked for A.F.Cheese & Sons Ltd, doing all Inner London Education Authority schools, we would have laughed him off the job.  Why didn't he walk round the sill and do all the other outsides?

And yes, I am serious - back in the late 60's/early 70's that was the way we were taught to do them.  All the London firms worked the same way - I was with Cheese's for three years and in that time never heard of anyone falling.

I'm not advocating doing them that way nowadays, but I agree with Bobplum, even if his comments were tongue-in-cheek, some of the current H&S restrictions are over the top.

Ian I understand what your saying about the things window cleaners use to get up to and didn't get hurt etc! I am also sure a large % of my grandads generation drank and drove with no real thought for the consequences, it still doesn't make it right! This behaviour is also not right and I am sure if it was your relation doing it you would say to him "Don't be a doughnut and risk your life, I have a pole in my van and can clean them from the ground for you"

Richard Neal

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 09:55:40 pm »
Wow that was really scary...he could have landed on the roof of my Porsche!

:D :D
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

stuart mc

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 11:36:16 pm »
aye shocking, he is still scrimming windows, get a life and stop worrying about others

oh and nothing wrong with scrimming windows by the way if he knows what he is doing ;)

now what is the fuss about ;D