Window Washers

Re: Another DI Q
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 08:26:27 am »
This Is what some guy from another forum said

""You see, I would have twin 11 ltr DI's with that TDS ( as I do ). I have DI's on board & purify on-demand (which is important to resin life). My TDS is approx 85/90ppm.

I have a 400ltr van mount & only use 3 bags of resin per year max!

I can fill my tank from "any" tap in 10/15 minutes, no replacement membranes, no static tank, no booster pump, none of these to freeze etc etc. So, when you weigh these thing up + your costs of equipment & filters (RO) 3 bags of resin per year seems good value to me. No RO & none of the cost & hassle that goes with it for the grand total of £210 max per year! ""

Would this give you zero tds???

Yep, that "other guy" was me ;D

What you forgot to cut & paste was the post I was quoting- who was "another guy" with a tds of 65ppm ;D
you will love my post on another thread then lol  :-X
Edited I didnt post it  ;D although i dont agree that the way your doing it is cheaper
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

londoncleaners

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 08:45:53 am »
Hi ain't read all replays so sorry if it's a repeat.

For the extra money outplaying in an ro system it will save in the long run.
He prob told you to get di only as he knows u may come bk all the time for resin quicker than you would if you ro and di.. The harder the water the more your resin is under strain therefor will be spent quicker costing you more with you know who.

We have to vans, one in a hard one in a soft water area, both are 40/40 ro machines not changed the resin in nearly 2 and half years,, I strongly advise you go and get a ro and di system, if you do brodex are fantastic, we have the option to flush and fill at the same time there for giving even more life to the ro membrains, you need to flush a ro system to clean the filters so we have auto shut offs when it's full, so both vans fill through the night while flushing.

Try and stay away from the white tank DIY kits, totall junk, nut sed.

Hope that helps my man

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 08:58:03 am »
Hi ain't read all replays so sorry if it's a repeat.

For the extra money outplaying in an ro system it will save in the long run.
He prob told you to get di only as he knows u may come bk all the time for resin quicker than you would if you ro and di.. The harder the water the more your resin is under strain therefor will be spent quicker costing you more with you know who.

We have to vans, one in a hard one in a soft water area, both are 40/40 ro machines not changed the resin in nearly 2 and half years,, I strongly advise you go and get a ro and di system, if you do brodex are fantastic, we have the option to flush and fill at the same time there for giving even more life to the ro membrains, you need to flush a ro system to clean the filters so we have auto shut offs when it's full, so both vans fill through the night while flushing.

Try and stay away from the white tank DIY kits, totall junk, nut sed.

Hope that helps my man
I was going to agree with what you said then, till brodex was mentioned and the white tank diy kits then it all went out of the window.
most of the systems have white tanks.

I agree on the 4040, but would have static not in the van as thats just weight that doesnt need to be in there nor does the rest of the stuff.

ro and di is cheaper long term, winpro I guess does it this way so he can be lazy and fair play to him, I do the same thing but I use a 4040 because I am in a very hard water area and I know it would eat the resin.

for cost the ro imo would be the cheaper option.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 10:11:16 am »

""You see, I would have twin 11 ltr DI's with that TDS ( as I do ). I have DI's on board & purify on-demand (which is important to resin life). My TDS is approx 85/90ppm.

I can fill my tank from "any" tap in 10/15 minutes, no replacement membranes, no static tank, no booster pump, none of these to freeze etc etc. So, when you weigh these thing up + your costs of equipment & filters (RO) 3 bags of resin per year seems good value to me. No RO & none of the cost & hassle that goes with it for the grand total of £210 max per year! ""

What you forgot to cut & paste was the post I was quoting- who was "another guy" with a tds of 65ppm ;D
Edited I didnt post it  ;D although i dont agree that the way your doing it is cheaper

OK OK OK, I do suspect that in this case, the guy, once his water has been tested will require an RO.

BUT.... read my post. My original post (on another forum) was in response to someone with a tds of 65ppm.

Now, my tds is 90ppm & I use at the max, 3 full bags of resin in a whole year! So, lets say my total purification costs per year are a maximum of £225.

The benefits I get doing it this way are as follows-

No outlay for an RO & all the gubbins that go with it.
No static storage tank to store & freeze.
No booster pump, transfer hose to freeze.
No flushing, no plumbing issues, no changing membranes.
No waste water charges (not that I'm on a meter anyway but many are)
I can fill my tank from "ANY" tap & have instant pure water (there are no domestic water meters in Scotland so topping up in-situ if required isn't an issue)
I fill my tank from the mains supply which takes me approx 15 minutes when I return home- and that's it 'till the next day, nothing else to do.

Now, put yourself in that position & add up the costs in both monitory & time terms that I would incur if I used an RO & I am actually better off without an RO- don't you think? Think hard about it. ;)

I reckon it may cost some people £225 in waste water alone per year! :o
Remember, my maximum costs are £225 per year.

Gary f

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 03:59:27 pm »
Ionics site do hard water area map may give you idea of hard or soft water.. TDS is best to check.

TomCrowther

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 04:12:13 pm »
I have a Ionic Pro5 set of filters, housings and hoses if you want to make an offer? It will give you years of 000pm water filtration.

mark mids

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 05:04:47 pm »
cheers for all the help guys its been a great help,
I have decided to go with the GE Merlin ro.
 :)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 05:44:56 pm »

OK OK OK, I do suspect that in this case, the guy, once his water has been tested will require an RO.

BUT.... read my post. My original post (on another forum) was in response to someone with a tds of 65ppm.

Now, my tds is 90ppm & I use at the max, 3 full bags of resin in a whole year! So, lets say my total purification costs per year are a maximum of £225.

I can fill my tank from "ANY" tap & have instant pure water (there are no domestic water meters in Scotland so topping up in-situ if required isn't an issue)
I fill my tank from the mains supply which takes me approx 15 minutes when I return home- and that's it 'till the next day, nothing else to do.

Now, put yourself in that position & add up the costs in both monitory & time terms that I would incur if I used an RO & I am actually better off without an RO- don't you think? Think hard about it. ;)

Can I take this as a "nuff said" then? ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 05:48:07 pm »

No I have just got in, and not had a chance to read yet  ;D

mark mids

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 05:49:22 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 06:02:37 pm »

Edited I didnt post it  ;D although i dont agree that the way your doing it is cheaper

OK OK OK, I do suspect that in this case, the guy, once his water has been tested will require an RO.BUT.... read my post. My original post (on another forum) was in response to someone with a tds of 65ppm.

Ok Ok OK nuff Said  ;D ;D ;D

londoncleaners

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 06:31:34 pm »
White tank junk.

Brodex tanks ate best on market over the last 3 years they have really opened the pace on wfp tanks.

And all the weight. Pphhffftttt. The tank is not that heavy, the only other things which would be out of the van would be a 40/40 filter and a resin bottle, what u on bout man...anyway we have twin axle sprinters. Weight, what weight

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 07:05:13 pm »

Edited I didnt post it  ;D although i dont agree that the way your doing it is cheaper

OK OK OK, I do suspect that in this case, the guy, once his water has been tested will require an RO.BUT.... read my post. My original post (on another forum) was in response to someone with a tds of 65ppm.

Ok Ok OK nuff Said  ;D ;D ;D

And the green bit? :)

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 07:26:09 pm »
ive got a white tank . but i think i will paint it now , 8 years of using a junk tank , wish id known sooner . whivh is the best colour ;)

londoncleaners

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 07:28:32 pm »
I know mate crap ain't they, go for red mate, pretend it's brodex

Window Washers

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 08:05:59 pm »
White tank junk.

Brodex tanks ate best on market over the last 3 years they have really opened the pace on wfp tanks.

And all the weight. Pphhffftttt. The tank is not that heavy, the only other things which would be out of the van would be a 40/40 filter and a resin bottle, what u on bout man...anyway we have twin axle sprinters. Weight, what weight
have you have lost the plot, best on the market hahahahaha your a joker thats clear. You need a twin axle van for the weight, try to update dude your well behind on the up to date tech in our business.

forgive me if I am wrong have you just updated your poles after years of using heavy ones ?