prestige cleaners

Another bogus collector!
« on: November 03, 2010, 04:05:53 pm »
another custy has informed me of another man trying to collect my money on my behalf.

its happened twice in a month now, and a different description of the guy, this time he was well presented, and said he cleaned the windows yesterday and give my companies details.

unfortunately the custy mentioned my name, so he knows a bit more about me.

im informing all my custys now so hopefully he wont rip me/them off.

also a woman rang asking if it was my company who she had booked for a gutter clean, i said no and she hung up? im worried now someones using my name to get work then rip them off  :(

word of warning - dont post to much personal details on here, like personal names.

clearlyclean

Re: Another bogus collector!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:13:22 pm »
I have stop collecting in evenings and told my customers only I would ever call to collect but with the dark evenings say cleaned windows earlier and they just hand the money over.seems like a proper con artist.We need to train our customers not to be so trust worthy.Do you think they are follow you on your round to know which houses to target,

Topclean

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 04:25:37 pm »
Dirty Windows, where are you based? I had this very same thing last week in Ashford Surrey.

prestige cleaners

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 04:53:28 pm »
im in swansea, just spoke to cops, found out the person have been linked to another offence and is on police bail while they make enquiries, hopefully its the same person/s and that will scare them into stopping it, i would like a conviction but very doubtful.

yeah defo been followed/taken note of, they turn up a month later though.

would love to catch them in the act, but then i wouldnt be able to control myself!#

i dont collect btw, so thats in my favour all my custies send chqs.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 05:17:04 pm »
just tell the custy to give the money to YOU only, i tell teh custy only i collect,  even when i am doing the work,  and have a lad in   they give the money to me

Crystal-clear

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 01:10:03 am »
horrible stuff , happened to me once before

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 03:30:38 pm »
My god, the things that go on... :o

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 03:39:55 pm »
I had the same happen last week in Surrey. Some guy claiming to be my younger brother. He said I'd gone away on holiday with my girlfriend(I'm married) they all paid me on the day anyways. So i don't know what exactly the numpty was trying to collect. And yep he used my name too. Pikey prick.

prestige cleaners

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 03:59:01 pm »
spoke to another windy today, said it happened to him to, hes a part time copper too, was really tempted to give him the crime ref no regarding my fraudster, (would love to find out who it is) but dont want to get him into trouble.

hydro

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 04:22:56 pm »
i told my custies from day 1 it will always be me or my business partner that will collect and we always wear our jumpers with our company logos on so they knw its us the only cuties we dnt collect frm now the evenings are darker are the old biddy boppers and they understand .

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 04:44:35 pm »
yep!happened to me about 10 years ago!this guy also went round the whole area collecting window cleaning money and wheelie bin cleaning money!he was back behind bars within 2 months of being let out!the cheek of it!some guys really dont care who they rip off!! ::) ::)

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

suds window service

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 07:34:40 pm »
got one on our round too >:(

ant french

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 10:50:25 pm »
anyone ever seen the real hustle on bbc3, there was a simular scam to this on there, window cleaners were cleaning in a street and the geezer knocked the doors and says were in the area do u want ya windows done for a fiver and the ppl would pay him  and he would do this to all the houses.
i told my custys ill collect on fridays or to pay me next time i come round. xmas time is full of scammers :-[

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 11:05:28 pm »
I just tell my customers that if it isnt me collecting dont pay.

prestige cleaners

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 12:13:14 am »
its kinda creepy being watched. hes got some guts though, he doesnt know what i would do to him if i caught him!