garryh69

Wfp antifreeze
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:56:47 pm »
Just thought I would post this up to help anyone thinking or having trouble with the freezing conditions that affect the use of the pole system.

I have been looking around for a solution to no avail until I stumbled upon something, before I go any further I have only just implemented this today and everything was just perfect.

I purchased some isopropyl alcohol 99% pure and wondered on what ratio I should mix with my water, now it's important to remember that isopropyl alcohol  evaporates so should when mixed with water be kept in a sealed barrel, unfortunately I wanted to be able to add it to my tank in my van but I feel that it would evaporate through the breathers. So during the bad weather I fill 25 litre barrels and use a trolley system and keep my tank in the van empty.
Through trial and error I managed to mix some water last night 1 barrel had no mixture, 2nd barrel had 35ml isopropyl and the 3rd had 50 ml isopropyl. The temperature last night where I live dropped to -3 so not really a great test but will be trying again when the temperature dropped further and will report back.

1st barrel froze on the top and had quite a bit of broken ice in the barrel, 2nd was more promising but still had a bit of shards ice, 3 rd barrel had no ice at all.

So a I would recommend using 50ml to 25 litre.

Now the other point I must make is that when using the mixture on windows especially leaded it tends to froth up just like there may be soap mixture in the water, don't despair the frothing soon disperses and doesn't affect the cleaning whatsoever,

I hope this helps someone out there who is in the same place I was.

johnny bravo

Re: Wfp antifreeze
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 06:03:20 pm »
YOU WONT KNOW UNLESS THE CUSTOMER COMMENTS ON HER BEDROOM WINDOWS WHEN DRIED.  forgot to turn caps off.on some new leaded windows there still seems drips from lead squares dripping down. i use antifreeze when trading bottoms in severe cold.  not been too bad this year yet,    early yet.we need feb out yet.

garryh69

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 09:04:54 am »
I have cleaned my own windows with it and everything was spotless even in direct sunlight

johnny bravo

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 04:41:29 pm »
the best way to find out   doing your own