lal

Tap water pressure for Ro and Di filter
« on: July 06, 2012, 08:27:42 pm »

I'm thinking of going for a Van mounted WFP Ro and Di system, how can you tell if your tap water pressure is

sufficiently powerfull enough for the RO system to work properly,  any advice would be appreciated.

Regards LaL

spongebob

Re: Tap water pressure for Ro and Di filter
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 10:46:23 pm »
Hi Lal
You can buy a test gauge from screwfix or similar that has a 3/4" fitting designed to go onto your outside tap or a washing machine tap.  They are about £15. Only hand tight and will tell you what you have. You will need about 3 to 4 bar (45 to 60 psi) to run an ro at capacity. Any less than that will require a booster pump. I personally use a pump and run mine at 120psi.
If you are buying new then a hf5 4040membrane is designed to work at lower pressure and may mean you dont need a pump if you have 3bar or above.
Andy

lal

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 08:38:49 am »

Hi Andy

thanks very much for your very helpfull advice, could you possibly tell what type and make of booster pump

you use and roughly the cost of one.

Regards Lal

spongebob

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 08:23:33 pm »
Hi Lal
I use an interpump 202 pump with a large electric motor. Bought it all second hand or it would have cost about £600 plus. Most people use June at Gaps water for their ro's and she could probably advise on a pump. it will depend on whether you go for a 4040 or a smaller type ro as to which booster pump will suit your needs. If you need to purify in the van then the most money you can spend to increase speed of production will be a factor. In the winter you will want to produce your pure in a couple of hours then wrap everything up for the night. If you have it taking all night then it may freeze.
By far is a production/storage set up in the garage.
i personally fill 300 litres into the van tank from the ro in my garage in under 1 hr. That way I have no storage tank but no ro/di in van either. this will depend how close you can get your van. Pure freedom have some complete ro/pump/di stands that are portable I think.
If you go for the portable style at the house end then you will not need to get power to the van. Also there is less monies worth left on the van overnight.