jim bean

Squegee Rubber
« on: May 15, 2012, 09:14:34 pm »
Hi just a quick q.

How long does the average rubber last you? When I first started it used to be weeks as I didn't really know the crack. However now its needing to be changed quicker and quicker. It may be because I do a lot of old houses, with wooden windowframes etc and only use 1 squegee.

Since I've gone off alone i'm starting to notice they deteriorate enough to notice after just a few GOOD days - around £200-£250. Obviously can't complain as a strip to go in a 7in squeegee costs me about 50p

I change the rubber as soon as i start leaving lines, don't even bother turning it round most of the time as it soon needs changing anyways.

Im using sirclean rubber, soft.

KS Cleaning

Re: Squegee Rubber
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 01:24:35 pm »
Why don't you use both sides ???will last almost twice as long.I always start with the blank side facing and then after I have turned the rubber and the writing is facing I know both sides have been used without having to have to look too closely at the rubber

bobby p

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 06:50:09 pm »
dont buy UNGER soft.   iv recently bought a few packs and at least 1 pack is duff , leaving lines from the start

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:04:06 am »
I use 1 side for pvc and flip over for painted wooden frames.  I find that the paint edges are very sharp on the rubber.