Roy Cauldery

Rainwater Harvesting-Goverment grants?
« on: January 12, 2012, 08:06:08 pm »
Any body involved in harvesting? would love to know more and if you have and if you got outside company involved or did a 'self install'And did you get any taxbreaks from goverment?

Cheers
Roy Cauldery
we succeed because others can't or won't

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: Rainwater Harvesting-Goverment grants?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 05:59:39 pm »
jeff brimbles the man u need
he knows all about this  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 02:08:51 pm »
Thanks Gav
As i'm a newbie here, I am not familiar with him
Do you have his details please?

Cheers

Roy Cauldery
info@phoenixecs.co.uk
we succeed because others can't or won't

anz peat

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 01:34:29 pm »
One of the best ways of rain water harvesting is to prepare before hand. Try to build a closed container on the roof of the house and when it rains it can very well collect water. However at the same time ensure that there are no leakages in the tank as it can make you lose all the collected water.

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 12:31:27 am »
One of the best ways of rain water harvesting is to prepare before hand. Try to build a closed container on the roof of the house and when it rains it can very well collect water. However at the same time ensure that there are no leakages in the tank as it can make you lose all the collected water.
do not build a tank on the roof thats madness, divert water from your down pipes into a tank that is away from sunlight or it will go green
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

jim bean

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 09:19:16 pm »
I had some crazy ideas about this, what about having a big sheet 2mx2m with the sides raised to stop losing water 2 foot orso off the floor, thats set up in a way the water will only run into a drainage pipe, leading into a tank with some tights/sponge etc over the end just before it runs into the tank.
You could quite easily do it on a shed roof, save yourself a shed load of money on all di/ro resin and all that pooptee.

Failing that go to your nearest reservoir and fill up!

TomCrowther

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 09:34:59 am »
I tried this 18 months back. Got two 1000 litre IBC's and fed them from my roof via downpipes. One is OK but the other turns the water green, probably due to whatever was in there before. Tried cleaning it out with bleach etc but still no good. I now use them for cleaning my drive and watering the plants. Might revisit this year.

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 02:22:03 pm »
I tried this 18 months back. Got two 1000 litre IBC's and fed them from my roof via downpipes. One is OK but the other turns the water green, probably due to whatever was in there before. Tried cleaning it out with bleach etc but still no good. I now use them for cleaning my drive and watering the plants. Might revisit this year.
is there any sunlight on these at all Tom ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

TomCrowther

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 08:32:37 pm »
Hi Ian, yes, sun on both of them through the afternoon and evening when it's out that is!

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 12:20:24 am »
Hi Ian, yes, sun on both of them through the afternoon and evening when it's out that is!
cover them and your problem will stop, although you will need to bleach or simalar to kill the algree, water love the sun so it can grow its little green friends, even a strip of sun and it will happen, I posted somewhere else on here the reason why, may have been another post have a scout round  ;)