Re: microsplitting
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 07:21:48 pm »
Matt . I suppose it 's possible if customer leaves carpet in the van overnight.  ;D
I think it forms from spills that freeze overnight but i only seen it a few times over winter.
I make sure that during the cold nights i wipe my rim properly :o

dave401uk

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2005, 07:31:34 pm »
well we seem to be heading in the direction of rocket sience, but warp speed isnt being reached, is it chaps ;D ;D
Do a very simple test(you know you dont need to,we all come across it every day)

Drop some 1001/vanish on your carpet,in a few weeks you will have a black mark,as you know this is caused by dust ect sticking to the residue from the detergant.

And i do find it a little dissapionting that certain people seem so consumed with knocking suppliers of M/S or any other form of gear,

We all go to work to make a profit, we all belive that what we have/do is the mutts nuts, and that is great, but i think M/S is the dogs do dars in a bottle, and if my supplier keeps me happy with service and good chemicals, i should and so should anyone else be able to shout about it,
We expect our custoumers to shout our praises, dont we? ::)

Dave,

No i am not sleeping with Nick ;) ;)
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 09:18:50 pm »
Dave.........I should hope your'e not sleeping with Nick  ::)

He offered me 1st refusal  :o

Dynafoam

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 10:31:17 pm »
Matt,

Len is correct - slight leakage past the cap - water content evaporate - solids crystallise.

As Len has pointed out we are talking about the concentrate, not RTU Solution.

If you are concerned about un-rinsed residue try this:

Dilute the product 1:16 and lightly spray onto a clean window and allow to dry.

Repeat the above with a detergent-based pre-spray at the recommended dilution rate.

When dry, examine both areas both visibly and by lightly passing a soft dry cloth over the areas - you will both see and feel the difference.

Matt Read

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2005, 10:40:35 pm »
Thanks john,len and chris,,i'm about to try ms...wasn't criticzing just interested in the on going debate. Can currently see merit in both sides of the arguement.

Matt

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2005, 10:46:46 pm »
Chris i like that one

I am no manufacturer, supplier or chemist BUT i have 22 years top end carpet cleaning experience and a sound mind.
Lol

Shaun

Ps isn't it all in the rinse?

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2005, 10:52:10 pm »
Shaun, I cannot claim to fully understand how all our chemicals are made up but i do know how they work and interact with other chemicals and cleaning methods.
I hate the condescending tone used by people who assume that my opinion counts for nothing because i dont make, sell it or know its chemical formula.
I can remember every job i have done and can read............ ENOUGH SAID
ps. as i said, i used normal detergents and rinse without hassle but the ms just make it easier ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2005, 10:53:54 pm »
Chris I was thinking of the 'sound mind' bit, you big girls blouse ;D

Shaun

Dave Parry

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2005, 07:19:17 pm »
Wish I could remember every job done, sometimes struggle remembering yesterdays jobs. Remember enough to collect cash and if nessasary invoice them though.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

stu_thomson

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2005, 10:04:30 pm »
It was i that matt-nch was quoting about residue around bottletops. I have 3 different makes of ms in van, 1 in orignal bottle no crusty bits, 1 in orignal bottle but with pump dispenser on top with not a brilliant seal - crusty bits, and 1 in spray master inline sprayer again prob not a brilliant seal, again this one has crusty bits around bottle top.
 conclusion, crystallation as said, another thing learnt!
 Cleaned a particulary dirty carpet to day which is a regular, last time cleaned with detergent pre-spray and very hot rinse, and struggled!!Cleaned today with ms and alot better result with less work, and this time with luke warm water through my new cfr.
  Who needs dertergents and hot water....not me anymore :)

Regards stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Matt Read

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2005, 05:13:07 pm »
Sorry if u took offence to that stu ....

i'm about to try for myself so maybe another convert on the way.

Am i right in saying that if ms work well on the majority of jobs and not much water is needed,, powerful machines with high pressure pumps heat/steam exchangers will not be required ?....other than set up times maybe a  truckmount wouldn't actually be of the same benefit anymore as they seem to be sold on power and heat .
Matt

Dynafoam

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2005, 05:22:28 pm »
Matt,

I use MS on most jobs, but use the same amount of water, at the same temperatures as I would with detergent products............. They are efficient, but not magic  ;)

Hence whatever benefits may be gained by the use of TM's remain the same.

Dennis

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2005, 05:31:58 pm »
Matt/Stu

Are you coming to the training day at Hugh Crane on May 4th with Derek Bolton/Steve Carpenter?
One Step microsplitting technology is on the agenda.

richie

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2005, 05:54:06 pm »
Forget One-Step   Call nick along for the day, he will solve your problems with SOLUTIONS.

Richie.

Matt Read

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2005, 06:10:39 pm »
I've had an account with Cranes for about 5 years dennis and not once have i been invited to an open day, machine demo or training day....maybe i don't buy enough from them ! But it does sound interesting i'll see if i can wangle an invite.Or is this a "pay for" training day ?
Matt

Dennis

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2005, 06:40:26 pm »
I did not get an invite, it's £40 + vat. I saw it on the Cleantalk board.

ADVANCED CARPET & UPHOLSTERY CARE SEMINAR
VENUE: HUGH CRANE, South Walsham Road, Acle,
Norwich, Norfolk, NR13 3ES.

DATE: 4th May 2005

AGENDA

08.30 – 08.45 Registration & Coffee
08.45 – 09.00 Introduction from instructors (Derek Bolton & Steve Carpenter)
09.00 – 10.00 Carpets & fibres – construction, identification and testing
10.00 – 10.30 One-Step Microsplitting Cleaning technology
10.30 – 11.00 Carpet Cleaning systems
11.00 – 11.15 “Coffee Break”
11.15 – 12.30 Spotting – fabrics, fibres, procedures and problem solvers
12.30 – 13.15 Lunch – “buffet style”
13.15 – 14.15 Fabrics, fibre contraction, identification and testing
14.15 – 15.00 Upholstery cleaning techniques
15.00 – 15.15 “Afternoon Tea”
15.15 – 15.45 Oriental rug cleaning
15.45 – 16.15 Carpet & fabric protection treatments

The seminar is an intensive look at carpet and upholstery cleaning covering the cleaning of carpets, fine fabrics, curtains and rugs. Practical demonstrations during the day will enable the professional cleaner to see the latest cleaning techniques, so that they can provide their customers with the best possible results, and possibly add additional cleaning services such as curtain or oriental rug cleaning.

The seminar fee is £40.00+VAT and includes a certificate of attendance. Payment is required in advance, by credit card or cheque made payable to Hugh Crane (CE) Ltd.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
How to make a Reservation
You may reserve your place either by calling Michelle on: 01493 750072 or alternatively, please complete the tear-off section and post to the above address.

NAME AND ADDRESS OF ORGANISATION
………………………………………………………………………………………………..
……………………………………………………………………………………………….

TELEPHONE: ………………………………………

NO. OF ATTENDIES: ……………………………..

(Hugh Crane – Advanced C & U Care Seminar)

I hope I have not broken any rules posting this.

Matt Read

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2005, 06:47:19 pm »
Thanks dennis,

I wouldn't think uve broken any rules its a local seminar and not product selling.
Matt

stu_thomson

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2005, 08:11:09 pm »
im going, should be ok and only £40, not bad for a days training, pity not on a saturday though as busy at mo and could not do with a day off.

see you there!
 stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

gwrightson

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2005, 08:37:09 pm »
i was on the course last year , along with a number of very knowledgable
c.c. and experienced c.c. , and a few newbies,
 and judging from the response of those who attended , it was excellent value , and a lot of useful info acuired" including Dericks curtain cleaning techniques"
 which I believe a number of people have shown interest on here!!!!
   Well worth the effort and time to attend.
    as for breaking rules :o :o   how on earth are you breaking any rules when clearly   more blatant advertising is going on these posts :-X :-X
    Richie i would love to know the reasons for your comments "forget one step"
   Why?  whats wrong with it?  or is it another case of suttle advertising?
 Geoff

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2005, 09:42:28 pm »
Geoff please read a dictionary, you'll find loads of well spelt words in it!

but there's not much of a story line ;D

Shaun