from edge2edge

Which sponges envirodri or host
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:15:44 pm »
I have been using the host sponges along with craftex microsplitter prespray to really good effect on a hotel contract i have but have been offered a very good deal on envirodry sponges.I was just wondering if anyone used the envirodry sponges along with a prespray like craftex and how effect they found it.Regards Alan Turner(swindon)

Joe H

Re: Which sponges envirodri or host
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 04:52:19 pm »
Hi Alan
I think you will find that some people go for Host, others Envirodri, and others whatever else is on the market.
Just like detergent and microsplitters really.
Why not buy a kg bag and try it. If you were nearer I would do a swop so I can try the Host!
Envirodri do some good spotters, pre sprays and other bits too - take a look at the website but do spell Envirodri correctly for the web address. Its an i at the end and not a y.

Generally - what do you do the edges of the carpet with - agitation I mean cause the Host nor Envirodri machine gets up to the edge do they?

terryyy100

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 09:13:42 pm »
hi joe, try using a small hand brush this will go right up to the skirt, regards terry

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 08:10:35 am »
I Know Envirodri works well combined with HWE and Ctex M/S

Paul
"So basically its a big vax!"

carlton care

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 08:34:44 am »
Paul

The whole point of using the DRY system is to eliminate the need for HWE.

Alan

When I used argosheen from across the pond, they overcame the edge problem, by using a little mop which is similar what's being sold for laminated floors.
You could easily adapt one of these microfibre mop holders, or just use microfibre.  Now there's a thought !

from edge2edge

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 10:28:55 am »
Thanks for the replies guys.Edges dont really cause me a problem i was just wondering about which prespray people use with the envirodri sponges really.Regards Alan

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 11:01:42 am »
Ah got it now Alan  - your topic title Re: Which sponges envirodri or host obviously onfused me.

Prespray -  I use a light application of M-Power

from edge2edge

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 11:29:17 am »
Joe i take it that works well on the regular tea,coffee and red wine just like one step or craftex microsplitter.I use craftex champion if this combination doesnt work what do you use. Regards Alan

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 12:55:09 pm »
No it does not shift everything, I find, but nothing does (like you say).
At times I have to use a secondary spotter.
Envirodri themselves do some good spotter which I have used to good effect.
Zip it and Zap It I find also good.
Recently used Prochem Coffee Stain Remover, but found it depends how old the stain is whether it worked or not. Did some hotels rooms last week - been stained long time - no movement.

Gerry Styles

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 02:01:49 pm »
Alan

I use Host Sponges and Host Prep to prespray when needed. Work well for me.
Premier Klean Limited

from edge2edge

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 02:32:08 pm »
Gerry the host prespray is alot more expensive than the microsplitters though isnt it Regards Alan