paulchambers

Stains and prices
« on: July 19, 2004, 03:02:46 pm »
I have just done my first hotel quote  5618 sq ft of carpet 250 chairs and 6 sofa
plus over a 100 bedrooms

They have asked me to quote on going to the hotel at short notice to deal with stains  what should i charge to do this the hotel is onlt about a mile from where i live  thanks  

Paul

Ian Gourlay

Re: Stains and prices
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 04:00:06 pm »
Althouh others will tell you diffrent, dont be gready.

You want to get your feet under the table in that area.

I do not know what else you do as this will have to be taken into account, ie inconvience of call out etc.

paulchambers

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 04:12:02 pm »
Thanks ian

The Great One

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 07:09:05 pm »
Hi paul

I am doing hotels myself and although I do normally have a minimum charge when it comes to stains they can vary so much.

I have had a spilt drink in reception to 'projectile red wine vomit'! It also depends where those stains are?

In reception you may have to be there either very early or late at night when traffic is at a minimum whereas a bedroom they can keep it closed off until you are done with no interruption to their service.

I have just done a 290m promenade area with a biege carpet, stain removal included and it came up an absolute treat. It took me about 4 hours and i started it at 7.30am as it is a high traffic area. All the staff commented how nice it felt. They even treated me to a coffee break in their lounge area

It was a great way to start my day and with job satisfaction thrown in.

Sweet as!

Regards

Martin 8)

paulchambers

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 07:32:00 pm »
The way i am thinking is the stain cleaning they wont may be the clinche to getting this job could be worth over £3000 a year so i am in 2 minds in what to do . They dont want dining and bar areas done until Jan but i can do rooms when available but dont want to offer free stain removal and at the end of the yaer they dont use me for the rest of the hotel  Paul

paulchambers

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 07:32:32 pm »
£20 for callout and upto an hour maybe the answer

paulchambers

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 07:53:19 pm »
sorry its 7788 sq ft and not 5618 as i put earlier

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 08:53:51 pm »
Given the scenario, stain treatment (you can't guarantee removal) is probably best charged by the hour as has been suggested already. Obviously a minimum charge callout.

Safe and happy spotting:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!