woodman

Apologies to those of you trying to contact me
« on: July 01, 2004, 05:04:58 pm »
I am sorry but that wonderful organisation known as BT has cut of my broadband service when I had a simple number change carried out. >:(

They did of course tell me when i enquired that there would be no problem at all with my service and all the would remain the same. >:(

Now though they will not put it back on unless I pay for re-instatment and all associated costs including paying my contract up in full >:( even though they admit I was given wrong information, they are insisting I broke the contract and as such have to pay up in full. :-/

The dummies you speak to at BT all read from the same script which says 'we do not make mistakes so you have to pay' >:(

So as you can imagine I have told them where to get off and will now change to NTL but will not be fully up and running until the 8th July.

I will inform you of my change or e-mail address in due course.

Trevor

paulchambers

Re: Apologies to those of you trying to contact me
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 08:00:38 pm »
I had loads of problems with BT when i moved from Dorset to Cornwall .
1 When i ordered a new line i inform BT that the property has no line to it at all i was assured that this wasnt a problem.
2.When they did turn up 3 days after the appointment it turned out as i havnta line to the property it is now a problem.
3 When i complained to BT on several occasions i spent hours on the phone to do the nagging i asked if BT could ring me back as i was on a mobile and cost a fortune i was informed BT cant ring out.
4 When we did get a line i was ninformed i never ordered broadband when i did.
5 And when i did get a line BT rang my mobile to check if my line was ok   LOL.
6 I moved some 8 weeks now and just got a bill from my old number ,and as you cant have a new number until the old one is paid in full will be another complaint.
7 I got a months broadband refunded you would of thought they were giving me the world when the phoned me to tell me. I was without it for nearly a month anyway which i did point out i also asked if BT employees go on a course to say sorry as they are very good at it

Dave Parry

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 01:52:47 am »
NTL are no better!
one of my 2 lines went down on Fri last. Reported to NTL on Sat. Told cant fix until Wed earliest. Moaned but had to accept. Mon night a friend phoned mobile and asked me who was strange woman on my phone. As it was not the other half, I rang my number and was greeted by a Oriental sounding lady. She had been given a new line with my number on Fri.
Rang NTL on Tues. Told that even though their cock up wed was soonest to fix. Wed PM line back on with my number. Was told qualified for compensation, Refund of 5 days rental!!!!!!!!
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 02:13:41 am »
Trevor

There can only be one BT I help a friend who move house though with the same area code I set his compute up not a problem.

Re NTL still waiting to here from them if I can have there full system 18 months there customer service is crap, I keep phone then every two weeks to see how it’s going not the I will be going with them.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)