dave

Is there a real need for Yellow Pages!!!
« on: June 29, 2004, 05:59:48 pm »
Hello

Is there anyone that does not use Yellow Pages or other large advertising medium.

The reason I ask the question is that I am based in the south part of our county and want to concerntrate on this area. I understand that a Y/P advert convert to a cost of approx £30.00 per job done !!

Can I be successful without this advert using other forms of advertising for my business?

Regards DaveH

Doug Holloway

Re: Is there a real need for Yellow Pages!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 07:39:25 pm »
Hi Dave,

I would'nt take much notice of some of the figures bandied about.

I certainly do much better out of my ads than that , although somewhat ironically I have never seen yp as a significant part of my advertising because in the past it's always been rubbish

I built my business on leaflets and commercial selling both of which you can keep very local.

cheers,

Doug

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 10:54:50 pm »
Dave

Quite a few years ago, I stepped back a bit and looked at why I was advertising in Y/P and whether I needed it. Like Doug, it is/wasn't a critical part of my marketing strategy. I came to the conclusion that I didn't need Y/P to provide me with work. What I did need though was a medium to which customers who knew of me or had previously used my services, could turn to to find my number. Yellow Pages is the biggest name in directories, so was just right for me. I now had a choice. Buy space or just use the free listing. I decided to buy some space. As I'm an NCCA Member, I used their Corporate Advertising facility to have my name and business represented in a larger corporate advert. In my directory it costs me £130ish plus V.A.T. Excellent value for money, pays for itself many times over and tends to attract more people interested in quality rather than price. Also fulfills my primary objective for people to find me by name.

Perhaps if you step back and look at your needs and the tools you use, you will then be able to see more clearly what's right for you.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

paulchambers

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 12:26:30 am »
yellw pages make good door stops