Re: Temperature
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2004, 11:53:35 pm »
see this temperature has reach a hot topic

Len Gribble

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2004, 12:03:54 am »
I think it’s now cooled down

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2004, 12:21:16 am »
Chris,

Interesting point and one I have made on several occaisions.

I have been cleaning carpets for over 20 years plus a bit at M&S in the seventies and have never had a colour run complaint on carpets.

On upholstery I colour ran a viscose velour suite in 1990 and have seen quite a lot of examples of where customers have previously colour run parts of their upholstery.

When I first started cleaning shrinkage of carpets was by far the biggest problem but have'nt had one of those for several years now.

cheers,

Doug

Just a cleaner.

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2004, 12:50:00 am »
Going off on a bit of a tangent here.

Derek,

You really don't like polypropylene do you?
When all the trees have been felled, and all the rivers are poisoned, we will dicover that we can't eat money.

Derek

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2004, 10:03:12 pm »
Hey Norman

You are talking to a guy that chose polypropylene carpet tiles for our conservatory... why ..because they were solution dyed (Very little fade), hard wearing, plus they are comfortable, warm and look nice... just like me! ;)

The earlier Polypropylene carpets I didn't like much but some of the modern ones look and feel just like wool...in fact I have seen a label on a 100% Polyprop carpet that says just that.... 'like wool'

They clean well, are hardwearing..the only bit I don't like is the flattening but the manufacturers are solving that one too

Cheers
Derek