Shaun_Ashmore

iicrc confusion
« on: June 26, 2004, 04:46:10 pm »
I got my iicrc newsletter-uk this morning and on reading the back page headlined 'how do I become a certified firm?' I became a little confused. I pay yearly $30 now it seams to be that I have to pay £17 ($25) application fee and then a yearly fee of £83 ($125), I thought I was a certified firm, is the extra just to recommend people to me in my area?

Shaun

Ken Wainwright

Re: iicrc confusion
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 06:42:01 pm »
Shaun

IICRC, as you know, are primarily a training organisation. As a registrant, it shows that you have received training and passed exams in that category. As a registrant, you are not allowed to use or advertise the IICRC name and logo. To do this you have to be an IICRC Registered Firm, and this costs $125 pa. So to answer your question, yes, it will cost you $125 for referals >:(

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Dave_Lee

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 11:01:37 pm »
Shaun,
Ken has summed it up. I also thought as you did, until I found out the facts a while ago. I would have thought this would have been explained to all taking the exam to become a registrant, at that time. This obviously needs to be brought to their notice, which will be easier to do, now that there is a UK enquiry office.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Derek

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 01:14:01 am »
Shaun/Dave

It has always been explained fully on the IICRC courses that I have attended.

I have retained my registrants status but lapsed my certified firm status as nothing was happening in the UK.. I am still unsure whether the benefits of becoming a certified firm are in place and it will offer value for money!

Hopefully all will be revealed shortly.

Cheers
Derek

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 01:51:16 am »
More confusing

To become a certified member of the NCCA you have to take a test.

To become a certified technician of the BDMA you have to take a test.

Just a question what if I took all or some of the test of the IICRC and passed, would I need to take the NCCA/BDMA tests in that category again and why?

The way I read it the IICRC are more or less the governing body of our industry.

Len

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Derek

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 08:58:08 am »
Len

The IICRC  are a certification board...their main function is to write the industry standards. The standards are 'live' documents which are reviewed on a continual basis usually every two years and ammended where necessary

They promote the standards  to the various carpet mills in the US so that IICRC certified firms are considered when it comes to work.
IICRC is 'owned' by various Trade Associations around the World (Including the NCCA) who have shares so they work in conjuction with each other

If you have an IICRC acreditation in Carpet and Upholstery cleaning then this is acceptable for you to join the NCCA.

I hope that this helps

Cheers
Derek

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 10:10:35 am »
Thanks Derek

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)