Bob Allen

oxi......stuff
« on: June 26, 2004, 01:03:09 am »
going to lookat bedroom carpet that has had some form of OXI cleaner silt on it( sounds like the bathroom cleaner) dont hold out much hope as most of these products take the colour out
Has anyone dealt with this before??????
Any suggestions??
Bob Allen

Derek

Re: oxi......stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 01:04:09 am »
Hi Bob

Yes, I have come across it quite often... most times there is some colour lost but on the polypropylene pile carpets it may be detergent residues or reflection of light from a falttened pile.

Products which 'boast' oxi somthing or other usually contain an oxidising bleach probably peroxide

Cheers
Derek

Bob Allen

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 11:32:21 pm »
Hi Derek
It was actually CIF oxy Gel and it actually says on the bottle....Oxygen based bleaching agent
Managed to rinse alot of the colour out but blue/green tinge remains.
Bob Allen

carpetx5

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 07:15:28 pm »
We have called Vanish Oxi action today they admit it contins bleach, and I asked why isnt it written on the bottle what sort of carpets it shouldnt be used on they said to me that the label isnt big enough that was a nice lady called Vicky who dosnt have an employee number!! That just says it all night mare stuff

PeterH

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 11:57:57 pm »
I've seen a number of cases of colour fading due to 'oxi' products.  I looked at similar products in my local Sainsburys and could find no mention of oxygen bleach  ::)

My next newsletter will warn my customers of such products.  It's marketing gone mad IMO.

Peter