Quiet Week
« on: June 22, 2004, 06:55:09 pm »
Hi,

Is it just my business or is anyone else experiencing a very quiet week, usually very busy but this week I have only 3 Jobs booked in!!, the phone has also gone dead.

Maybe everyones too absorbed by the Football and Tennis to bother having there carpets cleaned.

Yours
Peter "Board To Tears" Blackburn

HolmansUKLTD

Re: Quiet Week
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 07:02:16 pm »
Not for me im in west wimbledon and im fully booked up until July 10th  ???

Its mental >:(

If any other London or surrey cleaners are short of work send me your numbers so i can pass them on, The work im doing at the moment is repeat clients so the newbies will want to go else where :'(

just stick the cheque in the post ;D

Nick
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 07:39:47 pm »
Peter

Very quite on domestic side on the letting side not bad, just cottoned on why Nick so mental Chris is Wimbledon ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 09:15:10 pm »
Whizzing about SW19 on my scooter, or in my Wimbledon Minibus, over the next fortnight so WATCH OUT ;)
Seems to be plenty of work about..........not got enough hours in the day, for the next few weeks :)

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 09:45:37 pm »
Chris so you’re a bus driver for two weeks? Any way you take extreme care on the scooter, I’m also a biker 550cc you are a target for anyone who has four wheels to their wagon and it’s not always white van drivers.

Wife there again Thursday where are you based I will get her to bring you some strawberries and cream she love spending my money!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

adl

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 11:28:31 pm »
Quiet, i wish, i get married on a week on sat and the missis to be has ripped out the page for the 3rd of july, i did tell her we wernt getting married until 2 but she wouldnt have it that we could fit a couplke of domestics in the morning, spoil sport or what, still musnt gwumble it will be the first day off i will have this year.  :P

Dave_Lee

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 12:03:15 am »
Dave,
Have a good business, a great business, but dont forget to have a life too. Though Im sure your new wife will remind you of that - all the best.
To answer the main question - I had a quietish May compared to last year (Hadnt done any marketing at all this year apart from YPs) this gave me time to finally send out some newsletters, which got the phone going mad and I must admit Ive not had a day off this month yet - but I have diaried the first weekend in July to get out and do a really long walk.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2004, 12:31:09 am »
Dave

How do you know it’s wife Dave555 profile Gender gives Female, not that I have a problem with this, you are right with other comments.

Len

Dave_Lee

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 12:57:09 am »
Len,
How many Daves do you know that are female?
Besides that, this Dave lives in the next town to me, about 3 miles away as the crow flies.
Dave
(Another one - not that one.)
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Glynn

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 01:14:30 am »
LOL

Regards
Glynn

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 01:34:12 am »
Dave plenty of time for domestics when you get married!

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 01:58:32 am »
Dave lee

You haven’t bothered to check profile, It appears I only know of one dave555 by her profile, possible a cross dresser don’t bend over new wife very exciting times not a lot of kids though.

Len

Dave_Lee

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2004, 01:25:48 am »
Len,
Yes I did check profile, if you now too recheck profile you will find he has now finaly found his TRUE self.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Dave Parry

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2004, 01:52:18 am »
Having a very busy time. Booked up 2 weeks in advance, which is as much as I like to be, dont think new customers like to wait more than that. Then the T/m decides to stop charging the battery, and I have to jump start it every time. Think that its the regulator given up the ghost. Think its called sods law or something.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2004, 03:12:19 am »
Plenty to keep me going as well. Always booked a week or two in advance, summer or winter, but I do travel quite a bit .Some of my good customers are up to seventy miles away but never a problem getting to them. There is an old proverb- ''the journey to a friends house is never far''  how true.

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2004, 03:47:57 pm »
Hi All,

How the heck have you guys managed to get from the original subject "Quiet Week" to some of the posts I have read. I have found out the following ....

Chris.. Likes to Whizz around the SW19 on his pedel start moped. ;D

Len..   What his his wife intends to do with Strawberrys and Cream at wimbledon ;D

Dave.. Getting married, unsure of gender and possibly a cross dresser, dont you find it difficult Dave cleaning stairs in a long skirt, I know I do. ;D

LOL
Peter

The Great One

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2004, 08:54:59 pm »
hi

'A quiet week? I have had a quiet month!

All my work is for letting agents and if it gets any quieter there will be tumbleweed drifting aimlessly through my lounge and a lone wolf will be howling in the far off distance...

cannot understand it?

Is there anyone else going through the same thing where letting agents are concerned? In April i was so busy I was dizzy.

Regards

Martin 8)zzzzzzzzzz

paulchambers

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2004, 09:09:28 pm »
moved to cornwall always quiet here didnt work for 7 weeks

Len Gribble

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 11:23:51 pm »
Peter

It’s only banter, but you are right we do go off the subject at times. ;D

I glad it’s been a quite week been in bed for three days Wed to Fri ill.  Manic today, only one opening next week hope it’s not in north London.

Care Martin all eggs in one basket All my work is for letting agents

Len

Neil Gott

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2004, 12:56:50 pm »
Martin_666,
There is wisdom in many of our proverbs. Consider the one about eggs and one basket.  
Neil Gott     Southampton U.K.

www.neilgott.co.uk

The Great One

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2004, 09:27:29 pm »
Hi

I know what you mean but I do work for about 5 lettings agents and i am very quiet.

I am branching out into other things though. Have my 'Waterless Car Valeting' starting in july and also started a small passive income business , so hopefully won't go through this again??

Regards

Martin 8)