dry carpet cleaning
« on: June 21, 2004, 09:31:04 pm »
can anyone advise me if the sebo dry cleaning system is worth buying and if the results are good thanks john meehan :-/

Ken Wainwright

Re: dry carpet cleaning
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 09:44:36 pm »
Hi John

The Sebo Duo is an invaluable piece of kit. But not for your proposed use. If you buy it with the primary use being to "pile lift" and agitate pre-sprays, it will be a worthwhile investment. A secondary benefit will be that it can also be utilised for Dry Powder Extraction on jobs that aren't too demanding. And especially at the sort of price being asked for by Mr. Nick hyphen Solutions (sorry about that one Nick ;) ) You should be able to regard the Duo as a consumable item rather than a capital purchase.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 10:22:32 pm »
The Sebo system is the same as Host, it might be worth searching the net for information.

I would'nt use it for anything but maintaining a  a lightly soiled carpet.

Mike

Ps: very sorry for tagging this onto this topic but locking a topic but letting it stay at the top is, I think counter-productive, best let it slip into oblivion ;) please don't comment on this Ps. Thanks
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 10:48:16 pm »
I'd disagree with you Mike when you say the Sebo System is the same as the Host. Although the equipment is for the same purpose, its' performance is miles apart. The Sebo Duo is a small, light weight machine with one type of small diameter brush. The Host, and other top end machines, are a heavier weight, have larger diameter brushes which are available in 5 different grades. They'll do the same job but to different degrees. Bit like comparing a porty with a T/M.  I agree that Dry Extraction performs to it's best as a maintenance system.

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 11:15:18 pm »
John click here for dry compound cleaning info, you might find it interesting :) click on the USA site

http://http://www.hostvonschrader.co.uk/

one thing, the sebo is a darn sight cheaper!

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 11:58:15 am »
Hi Guys

An ideal additional tool for any carpet cleaner, but really for the smaller domestic jobs. On a very lightly soiled carpet it can be used with dry powder compound such as Host, Sebo powder or Solution No1.

No offence taken Ken

Best regards Nick

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 02:12:02 pm »
thanks guys but were can i buy the sebo system from john meehan 8)

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 02:17:43 pm »
The best price I've come across John, is Nick at Solutions UK. See the post above yours.

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi