Firm Forum
« on: June 20, 2004, 01:33:38 pm »
Nice to be a member of a forum whos policies on deletion are governed by a company.
At least you know the boundaries and when a post will be deleted/amended. ;D
Would hate to be part of a forum where deletion is governed by a persons personal view and that persons feelings that day :o
I prefer to know where i stand before i add a post...... not hours or days later :-X

HolmansUKLTD

Re: Firm Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 03:49:50 pm »
Hello Chris ;D

Hows your moped? :P

Nick
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Dynafoam

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 07:47:44 pm »
Chris,

Give it a rest and move on.

One of your posts caused offence and was deleted.

The same circumstances would have lead to a deletion on this forum. If you have any doubts the following was posted buy a moderator here in 8th May 2004:

"Unfortunately it is once again necessary to remind members that bad language is not acceptable on this site.

Some have recently included bad language with letters blacked out by - or * or whatever.   THIS IS ALSO UNACCEPTABLE.

Comments that are :
Racist,  
Hateful,  
Denigrate a particular culture or religion,  
Lewd (including obscene jokes)

Are also inappropriate.

If you are a representative of an organization (eg. The FED, or a commercial supplier) your comments may well influence the way others view that body.

The vast majority of members contribute responsibly, and we are all very grateful for it.  But a minority of members continue to use bad or inappropriate language.

Lets keep it professional.

-Philip "

I cannot understand why you persistantly endevour to drag others into what amounts to a school playground squabble.

I enjoy my partisipation in this and other forums and am beginning to resent the fact that they are being tainted by this matter, so can we not resume being communities of friends and colleagues.

I shall make no further comment on the matter.

John.

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 09:36:55 pm »
Chris

Don’t for get your rain gear ;D

Wife there tomorrow told her to look out for a wombal with glasses.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 12:15:58 am »
Its raining in Wimbledon now Len So its a safe bet it will be raining tomorrow >:(

NICK
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 12:28:18 am »
John.
WHO ASKED YOU  :o
Chris
ps. You are way out of your jurisdiction  ::)
pps. There is no S in participation  ;)

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 12:29:59 am »
Nick.
Scooter is fine and running like a dream. ;D
Watch out for maniac on red scooter in Bart Simpson crash helmet flying through Wimbledon in the next 2 weeks. ;)

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 12:30:36 am »
Len, Got all my wet gear.........it is Wimbledon after all  ::)

Derek

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 01:14:07 am »
Chris

With the utmost respect...this matter does NOT relate to this particular forum.

I think it would be better if it were left this way

Regards
Derek

Dave Parry

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 01:35:35 am »
Chris, With respect I have to agree with the Bolton twins. This has been well and truely done to death elseware,  while I sympathise, I do not wish to continue to read the debate here. Give it (and us) a rest, and move on.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2004, 01:39:40 am »
Derek.
I made a statement about my opinion of the forum and the strict policy it has on posts.
No question was raised or debate sought.
Nick came into the post with a question about my scooter. Len made a remark about the weather in Wimbledon. These were subjects raised as i am driving at the Tennis Championships for the next fortnight. As i use my scooter for the journey into SW19, it appears that i am likely to get wet at some stage.  How are these matters not related.
The only post that contained matter unrelated is from John. No mention has been made regarding his ' give it a rest and move on' comment, School playground like behaviour or his resentment to my presence.
I fear that your last post was mis-directed

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2004, 02:22:25 am »
My opening post here is my opinion of the running of this forum, as strict in its guidelines, on post content.
End of story.
Why do i still have people sending me PMs and posting messages saying 'the subject is boring'. Stop mentioning it then.......I have not made any mention of it, yet still i get incoming suggestions that the problem is ongoing. This thread had nothing to do with past events but only my opinion of this forum and its policies.
Any further resentment of the past topic should be aimed at the persons who keep making sly remarks on the subject....................i am getting sick of it also.
PLEASE LET THIS BE THE LAST WE HEAR OF IT ;D

Ivar_Haglund

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2004, 05:04:42 am »
i used a bad word once and did not know it was a bad word in English

and I got my hand slapped

Bad Ivar  :P

Len Gribble

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2004, 09:06:31 am »
Chris

Now confused Bart Simpson? Are you a cross dresser?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Derek

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2004, 09:17:09 am »
Chris

You are correct....quote,  "Let this be the last we hear of it!"

As an end to the matter I shall attempt to lock this thread so that we can all move on and discuss other things...  if it works I for one will be utterly surprised and it will be more down to the forum setup than me!

Regards
Derek