mark_roberts

Power brushes
« on: June 17, 2004, 07:39:30 pm »
Any one use these on a regular basis as whats the opinion over the wand.

I know of a cleancare power brush for sale so am wondering has anyone got this one and opinions please.

Any website for cleancare?

thanks
Mark

Mark Betts

Re: Power brushes
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 08:08:35 pm »
Mark

I use the extracta power brush.

Used it last night on a Restaurant ., Just for a change I thought I would use my normal wand being lighter etc , the wand wouldnt touch it so I reverted to the power brush.

Although heavy to use the power brush if far superior to the wand in these situations, needing just one pass in most cases on even the filthiest of carpets.

I dont use it in a domestic situation though. This is mainly due to the lack of room etc.

Mark
A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Pristine_Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 12:33:38 am »
Quick question on these power brushes,

Can they only be used with a Truckmount or can they be used with a portable with 100psi.

I assume a powerbrush is something like a Rotavac or an RX20

Thanks

John
John Byrne
Pristine Cleaning

Mark Betts

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 01:05:10 am »
Power brushes can be used with portables.

They are simply have in some cases, 3 jets and either a rotating brush or even better in the case of the Extracta Scrubba a vibrating paddle effect brush.

Mark

The RX 20 and Rotavac are different beast all together.

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Dynafoam

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 02:08:07 am »
Mark,

I sometimes use a Holloway 18" power brush on suitable occasions. On large areas it can certainly speed things up but some 'detail' work with a wand is normally required.

This particular brush requires more than a twin-vac/100psi set-up to produce acceptable results.

John.

Ed Valentine

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 04:18:38 pm »
In my opinion, John Bolton  once again, hit the nail on the head.

We used to offer a revolving Power Wand (18" nozzle x 2000 rpm's) for years--since discontinued because of its' unpopularity. The Professional Cleaners would inform us that it did great (better then a rx 20/roto vac) on commercial short nap carpets but not as well on longer nap, shag style carpets (as a rx 20/roto vac would).

So, there seemed to be a trade off here. However, it was a valuable tool to have in ones' Tool Box for  certain applications.

When operating these style Power Wands "efficiently", I also believe that it requires at least 2-3 stages and really, much greater psi; ex: 200 psi, but no more.

Good Fortune to Small business;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

woodman

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 06:10:24 pm »
Used power brushes in the past but havn't done for years now.

On heavy soil build up areas such as pubs and restaurants I use a Hot Pre-Spray Roto with a stiff brush and extract off with clear water.

Always sufficient and fast enough for me anyway. ;)

Dynafoam

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 08:52:42 pm »
Woodman,

I totally agree with your comments.

Where I find the power brush to be of greatest use is where there is a high level of insoluble particulate matter. The use of a rotary in these circumstances has too much abrasive action as sand and grit form a 'grinding past' which can scour the pile fibre.

The power brush minimises this since it works in the vertical plane, but also by physically flicking the grit from the pile at the spray/extract stage it gives more complete removal.

I also find that airflow is more important than simple vacuum lift when using this device, and I would normally have a solution pressure of about 300psi.

It works well with the Recoil 3HP.

John.