Dave Parry

Re: stolen van ,equipment
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2004, 01:07:52 am »
Derek, Smart water is all well and good, but you have to get hold of the suspected equipment to have it tested. Most seems to just dissappear never to be seen again. Saw a tv  program about exporting stolen cars using containers, wondered if CC gear went that way, exported to N Africa or wherever. (do they have carpets in Soweto  ::)). I think a tracker sounds the answer, Provided plod can be mobilised soon enough.  
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Neil Gott

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2004, 01:21:56 am »
Geoff. ftp://Just caught up with your horrible news.

Describe the van, its signwriting, its reg no, describe some of the key equipment.

It may be anywhere by now, but if it is still in theUK somebody on this forum may see it or even be offered it.

Also post details on Cleantalk.

Several hundred pairs of sympathetic eyes around the country might help.
Neil Gott     Southampton U.K.

www.neilgott.co.uk

cheryl new

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2004, 01:01:08 am »
Geoff, you must be absolutely gutted.   :-[

It make's me wonder whether it is worth putting signage on vans as it's a possible invitation.  Same as those that state that equipment is not left in vans overnight - an invitation to raid your garage instead.

I think I might change my signage to  Pig S**t Storage - Goods not always left in van overnight.  Keep the gits wondering and wary.

The sad fact is, that no matter what type of security any of us employ, if they are determined to have it, they will try and get it.  Insure everything so that you can replace 'everything'.

I hope you get everything back or that yr insurance come up trumps.

Best regards
Cheryl

gwrightson

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2004, 11:22:11 am »
an update
insurance  hahahaha, they wriggle out of everthing they can !!!   ok i hold my hands up and admit ive been very nieve when it comes to my insurance, it seems it never enough when it comes to the crunch, and a mistake
i will never make again , "not having sufficient cover"
beware guys  IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU check your insurance, take extra cover  
you wont lose any sleep if the worst comes to the worst
believe me, get peace of mind
and a BIG thank you to all your replys, and all the offers
especially to those of you who have got me out of the s**t for a while ,
you all know who you are , i no need to name at this time thanks to you all
thanks again
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

John_Flynn

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2004, 01:03:31 am »
Hi Geoff

Sorry to read about what has happened to you.

I had a hose reel up for sale on Cleantalk for £50.00, to you it is FREE contact me on 07971 782936.

John Flynn
Dewsbury
West Yorkshire
I get better looking each day!!