mark_roberts

HWE carpet tiles
« on: May 27, 2004, 08:11:12 pm »
I HWE carpet tiles in a church today as opposed to Texatherm due to the amount of drink spills and foot traffic.

Cleaned up very well using one-step and formula 90 but took about 7 hours to dry even with fans.

Would a truckmount or high airflow wand get these carpets dryer quicker?

thanks
Mark

lee_gundry

Re: HWE carpet tiles
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 09:01:13 pm »
yes
cumbria

nordan

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 01:14:53 am »
Hi mark  one step how do you compare it to sultions and traffic lane cleaners is it as stong.regards Danny

Glynn

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 01:29:47 am »
Please forgive me for being thick, but are you not  "going against the grain"
using One-Step, a residue free chem , then introducing a chem with residue ?.
Why didn't you Hydroforce something like Fastbreak or Blitz or Hiforce down then rinse with water ?
Yes a TM would have left it a lot drier, probably leaving it something like within a 2-4 hr DT.

Glynn
Regards
Glynn

SteveTruman

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 01:36:34 am »
Should of bonnett buffed em Mark with Ultimate Master. Dry in an hour....

Cheers

Steve

mark_roberts

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 10:50:00 am »
I used F90 to rinse as the tiles where very dirty with lots of stains and one-step one its own with agitation wasen't cutting it.  I'm not aware that F90 will leave a dirt attracting residue.  I also find generally that dirty carpets will clean easier and better using a F90 type rinse.

Didn't want to use Texatherm due to the carpets condition.

Cant see a difference in onestep v solution other than price.

I think the microsplitters work better on wool carpets but need mechanical agitation.  I'm not convinced there as good on synthetic carpets.  Maybe there not so good releasing oily soiling as found on synthetics.

thanks
Mark

Derek_Walker

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 02:16:34 am »
Hi Mark

7 hours is definately too long to dry.

I have not seen the Texatherm in action but i use Dry Fusion which i find works very well on carpet tiles regardless of condition ie spillages etc, especially synthetic types. Normally dry in thirty minutes.

If I was going to hot water extract, I would normally use either solutions, or an enzyme product as Glyn said like Fastbreak.
But the main requirement would be plenty of agitation and dwell time, then extract with either water or an acid rinse. Followed by a bonnet to extract surface dirt and extra drying.

It would'nt matter if I used the truckmount or the portable the drying time should be roughly about the same, the truckmount would be quicker because of the heat and power etc. I would be looking for 2-4 hours drying.

Derek Walker.