PaulKing

Re: porty over truckmount?
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 07:58:53 pm »
there are lots of 'what if.....' questions with truckmounts & portables

what if there's no electric

what if there's no water supply

what if you've got a bad back and can't lift it up 10flights of stairs ;)

use a portable thats what their made for !

What if there is no parking?

Do your really want the job??????
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

PaulKing

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 08:06:53 pm »
Try contacting your local authority with responsiblity for parking ( it's either police or council) and inform them that due to contamination you will be removing waste from said building and need access to "Vital Health and Safety equipment" during this time and also the vehicle will be carring hazardous waste.
And if you do get a tickect you can cause a hell of a Sh*t storm later, as no authority can denie you acces to your HSE !

Don't you need a licence (££££s)  to transport "hazardous waste"....?

yes if you have any !

The point is to put the ball it thier court, so much so they won't ticket you, and just let you get on with it.

Damian

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 08:26:23 pm »
Many thanks for all the info guys. The job was completed today and all were chuffed including myself-which takes some doing!! As for re-loading the vans it was a simple case of getting gear dowstairs(in lift) and minus many boxes of carpet tiles(now fitted to floors) and onto pavement. Two of us went for vans and quick pull up with hazards, thro it all back in and hey presto DONE!! to be honest with you all it was a lot easier putting porty's on the job and just getting it done. Perhaps i may buy a t/m someday but somehow i dont think i'll be rushing!  ;D                                             Cheers all. Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

PaulKing

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2006, 08:51:57 pm »
glad you got it sorted  :)

john rees

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2006, 09:30:12 pm »
Hi all,
        About 2 years ago I had a parking ticket for parking on double yellows while working in a bank! so I telephoned them and told them I had lost the ticket or it had been stolen, and paid the fine. but I was told it was illegal for anyone to remove the ticket from the vehicle(not even the police or traffic wardens) so it got me thinking and it must be right because I use the same said ticket regularly! and never had any trouble since! ;D
            all the best
                              John
john

Len Gribble

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 10:04:18 pm »
Damian

I know just a wind up, I have to take my T/M everywhere it’s bolted down, yes there is an alternative bit late in the day for me.  Done two jobs last Saturday in Tottenham court road a porty is a handy bit of kit even that it only 135psi back in the shed  till next time.

Paul

See you have been round the block re parking, great game ant it! And I’ve pulled some stunts believe me!

Over all am advocate of customer’s pays, small print is good smaller is better ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 10:10:46 pm »
A cleaner knows his market if you are doing this type of work a TM is no good, but I would strongly recommend Dry Fusion or Texatherm or a cheaper alternative Charlie Pads.

Damian you will be very surprised with the systems.

Shaun

Damian

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2006, 10:33:23 pm »
Shaun. Nowt so clean as a scrub up wi soap! You should be well familiar with this statement? (same city etc?) There will never be a substitute for scrubbing  with shampoo or soap! same goes for cc! other methods to me pale into insignificance! do check out "THE LATEST HIGH INTENSITY LASER GUIDED DRY FROM THE ROOTS" etc but am afraid its HWE to me everytime! Always have custys ringin saying top job. Never had one saying it was wet a long time!?  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2006, 11:33:38 pm »
Don't be so Drakonian there's more ways to skin a cat!

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2006, 09:29:05 am »
Is Damien taking the mick'.

Any one who's been in c/c for a long time is aware of the reason for NOT using 'soap' or 'shampoo'.

When I started in c/c many years ago, the only chemicals were soapy, and were very difficult to extract. 

Fortunately, with 'low foaming' and new generation products, life is much easier. Would you really go back to using a horse and cart Damien.

angie

carpetclean

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2006, 11:25:06 am »
Hi all,
        About 2 years ago I had a parking ticket for parking on double yellows while working in a bank! so I telephoned them and told them I had lost the ticket or it had been stolen, and paid the fine. but I was told it was illegal for anyone to remove the ticket from the vehicle(not even the police or traffic wardens) so it got me thinking and it must be right because I use the same said ticket regularly! and never had any trouble since! ;D
            all the best
                              John
[/quote  this is ok until a trafic warden decides to read the ticket and will either prosicute or just put another one on top
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

john rees

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2006, 11:47:14 am »
That's just it! they can't read the ticket as it's sealed in polythene! had them looking at the ticket but it can't be read through the yellow and black polythene packet! ;D

All the best
                                       John
john

carpetclean

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2006, 12:05:55 pm »
nice one  perfect long may it stay there  good luck to you
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2006, 07:48:09 pm »
Cheers Steve, not entirely convinced mind? maybe ill give it a go at some point when i get time? must say tho-the job wasnt to clean tiles it was various carpets and the results were superb when finished!!  :o there were maybe twenty guys milling around on various jobs and they all went to have a peak as word went round that a black carpet was actually turqouise underneath and it felt better to walk on as the pile was fully lifted to its former state!! really dont think dryfusion would have touched it! it needed high pressure hot water and a good scrubbing! downside was i didnt put a bucket boy on site and was a long corridor to tap and waste empty! boys were not pleased with me  ::)

Try the Dry Fusion i have cleaned 5000m2 of apartment blocks ( with a borrowed DF unit) which haven't been cleaned for 4 years and i was amazed :o really amazed so i brought a 2nd hand DF unit and gained more contract work, the only problem was i needed some restoration pads and hand mits which df promptly sold me then called back and stated i had to by 25ltrs of there product at£110+vat ::)  as your not supposed to use any other product with it. So i did and i  will test it out over the comming weeks.

Nick
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

Damian

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2006, 08:25:04 pm »
Angela that is a saying round here with soap etc. I only use the best chems on offer that yes are non foaming! As for the price of diesel then a horse/cart would be a lot cheaper!!       

Nick.
Please let me know how ya get on with th d/f on this board. Must confess to being a luddite with my work mainly as i have perfect results each and every time with hwe. however am always ready to be open minded? would love to see before and after pics and to know if d/f lifts the pile etc? many thanks for your input.  ;)       

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2006, 08:29:40 pm »
Will do also the speed is great we cleaned a 17floor towerblock 1250m2 in one day!!

praise the Lord :P
Surreys No1 Dart player

jasonl

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2006, 08:42:10 pm »
Damian, I am in Sheffield, let me show you what charly pads can do!
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2006, 08:46:03 pm »
Yep i use them aswell not as fast as DF and not as good (in my opinion and i have cleaned over 10000m2 with them)  but about 30times cheaper!!
Surreys No1 Dart player

AquaMagic

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2006, 05:21:34 pm »
jasonl, id take you up on that offer if you were serious, im based and rotherham and would like to see the charly pads in action, ill give you some graft in return!!!

regards

Dene

Damian

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 07:37:54 pm »
Jasonl. where bouts in Sheffield are you mate? You must be serious about these charly pads. yeah i would love to see the results. just let me know when?  ;)