Richard Cole

Re: storm v enfircer
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 07:14:44 pm »
O

;D

Cant' comment on Enforcer but highly recommend the Storm, mines coming up to 3 years old now and no major problems and does sterling work.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Chris waters

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 08:00:09 am »
The enforcer looks like a good machine but my storm is great

stuart_clark

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 08:45:46 am »
The Enforcer has a built in heater and can be left out in the rain

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 09:25:01 am »

can be left out in the rain? really?

john martin

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 01:29:45 pm »

I frequently leave it out in light rain or a sudden shower  ... but i dont tempt fate for the sake of proving its water proof ... if its torrential rain i have a 10 euro barbecue cover from lidl with doubles as its loading sheet for under it . 

carpet_care

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 08:06:43 pm »
Dave youve seen my storm van mounted loads of times just by the flippin thing and stop dithering  ;D

scrubbitt

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 08:18:13 pm »
I have had the enforcer now for a couple of months
Well impressed

scrubbitt

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 09:28:25 pm »

john martin

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 10:12:09 pm »
Do these give same power as 6.6s?

Its quite difficult to make comparisons as the storm uses two stage motors in parallel and the Enforcer uses three stage motors in series ...  could talk figures all night but no conclusion would be drawn .
Best to ask owners who have tried both machines which they found the best power wise .

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 10:58:13 pm »

I frequently leave it out in light rain or a sudden shower  ... but i dont tempt fate for the sake of proving its water proof ... if its torrential rain i have a 10 euro barbecue cover from lidl with doubles as its loading sheet for under it . 

Oh well, no offense but hardly a claim of it being waterproof!  ;D I've always left my machines out in slight rain, everything from the steampro, to the perfectheat to my airflex's. But I do have a cover for it that I use just so it doesn't get soaked.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 11:03:32 pm »
Do these give same power as 6.6s?

I've not used the enforcer so cant comment on that but the 6.6's defiantly out last the 5.7's from my experience. I had those in my previous machines including the Airflex pro, and I was changing vacs every 500 - 600 hours (which is a busy year). Its been 2 years now with the Storm and TOUCHING WOOD!!! they are still sucking strong.

I've used up to 75 feet  of 2inch hose and the noise and suction you get at the wand is very impressive.

john martin

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 11:11:48 pm »

Oh well, no offense but hardly a claim of it being waterproof!  ;D I've always left my machines out in slight rain, everything from the steampro, to the perfectheat to my airflex's. But I do have a cover for it that I use just so it doesn't get soaked.

They dont really claim its waterproof  ....  showerproof .  The switch panel is recessed and sheltered  ...   unlike the Airflex  with its switches exposed to the elements  :P

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 11:31:28 pm »
It does have plastic thing around the buttons and a rubber thing around the buttons.

john martin

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 11:40:11 pm »
It does have plastic thing around the buttons and a rubber thing around the buttons.

wouldn't trust them long in the rain though  ... the enforcer has more going on on its switch panel  , its best to have them out of the rain .  :)

Russ Chadd

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 07:58:21 am »
I have an enforcer and have previously owned a jag and Airflex turbo and prowler.
The enforcer IS a great machine... The new 5.7 motors are very powerful and offer great performance.
Forget van mounting... Take but seconds to slide off the van and wheeled to the point of cleaning... Use it as a porty and you will be glad you chose it...
As for 6.6 motors... I know for a fact that certain manufacturers of macines are now using electro 5.7 and not 6.6

carpet_care

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 06:35:22 pm »
Russ it doesnt make sense to take it off the van ! I used to have the prowler and have the storm set up exactly the same feeding from a 400 litre water tank and it has the bonus of remote control so no need to go out to the van when needing to stop to change tools or to empty the water tank.

If the enforcer is as powerful as the storm there should be no reason why that calnt be set up the same way.

I have ninja machines as back up but would certainly not go back to lugging the machine off the van and filling buckets on every job.