M W.

Extracta Excel Turbo
« on: October 07, 2013, 10:50:09 am »
At extracta shop other day. They have brought out a new model.

Extracta Turbo ?

Anyone got one, reviews etc.

john martin

Re: Extracta Excel Turbo
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 12:25:05 pm »
At extracta shop other day. They have brought out a new model.

Extracta Turbo ?

Anyone got one, reviews etc.

If you've seen it you know more than most  .....  is it a new body , or new internals ?
Is it an orange excel with turbo sticker ?   

no update to website anyway .

Steve Chapman

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 12:36:25 pm »
From what ive seen its an orange excel with a turbo sticker added  :P

Steve

M W.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 01:38:02 pm »
Only come in yellow, Does come wi a new sticka  :D

Body being modified slightly to accomadate new vacs. still fibre glass.

New 2 x 8.7 vacs, with speed accelerator. (hence slight body modification).

Still weigh the same as old xl.

super quite.

still the same 100psi shurflo pump.

Still have all that unnecessary heavy chrome plated bars/nuts/bolts.

£2450 + vat.

Thats all i know, apperently not listed on web due to can,t keep up wi current demand. 3-4 week order time.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 01:55:52 pm »

super quite.

£2450 + vat.

Thats all i know, apperently not listed on web due to can,t keep up wi current demand. 3-4 week order time.

Interesting  ... and just shows that many buyers probably dont even frequent these boards  . The new 8.4 vacs should work very well , although i'd have put them in series i'l bet extracta have them in parallel and still with the 1.5 hose  . Its a cleaning philosophy they stick with i suppose  , low psi coupled with the vibrating brush can give great results .  Is still a high quality product , with all those dials and gauges , and like u say no compromise with quality metal bits etc .... i quite like the fold over metal handle .   

M W.

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 02:18:04 pm »

super quite.

£2450 + vat.

Interesting  ... and just shows that many buyers probably dont even frequent these boards  . The new 8.4 vacs should work very well , although i'd have put them in series i'l bet extracta have them in parallel and still with the 1.5 hose  . Its a cleaning philosophy they stick with i suppose  , low psi coupled with the vibrating brush can give great results .  Is still a high quality product , with all those dials and gauges , and like u say no compromise with quality metal bits etc .... i quite like the fold over metal handle .   

8.7 vacs. hate all the chrome bars levers nuts/bolts, heavy and unnecassery. my opinion. fibre glass body, easily repairable , but dated. pump should have a little more should you need it.

john martin

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 02:26:41 pm »

super quite.

£2450 + vat.

8.7 vacs. hate all the chrome bars levers nuts/bolts, heavy and unnecassery. my opinion. fibre glass body, easily repairable , but dated. pump should have a little more should you need it.

Trust me 8.4 vacs   :)   If they are are calling them 8.7's  its because they want customers to come back and buy them there ... instead of googling 8.4 lamb ametek .
I think they call 7.2's 7.4's for the same reason .
I would love to know what they will charge for a replacement 8.4 !  $$$
Yes i know its dated ...  but still well made and some people are still buying so they are happy enough i suppose .

M W.

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 02:58:42 pm »
ill take your word on the vacs. first question i did ask is what do these 8.7 (8.4) vacs cost to renew, told nearly same as old 7.2 lamb amatek ?.  ??? ???

Simon Moat

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 03:20:37 pm »

2'' Hose, these machines are good, really good.

super quite.

£2450 + vat.

Trust me 8.4 vacs   :)   If they are are calling them 8.7's  its because they want customers to come back and buy them there ... instead of googling 8.4 lamb ametek .
I think they call 7.2's 7.4's for the same reason .
I would love to know what they will charge for a replacement 8.4 !  $$$
Yes i know its dated ...  but still well made and some people are still buying so they are happy enough i suppose .

Glynn

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 05:41:17 pm »
When John at Extracta told me about them a couple of months ago he said the vac motors were 8.4".
I asked him to send me a machine but sadly they didn't have one readily available at that time & since I needed one quick I bought the Enforcer.
To be honest ( to me ) the Exel's look better than the new root moulded machines and they are certainly easier to get up stairs etc.

I do agree they could do with a bigger pump though.
Regards
Glynn

Steve Chapman

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 06:41:30 pm »
They do come in orange as well as Ive seen one  ;D

Steve

Simon Moat

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 06:43:51 pm »
2'' hoses, these machines are really good, a couple of lads in Ireland have had them nearly a year, I also know they have been secretly tested in industry over here for about 18 months ;)

Simon Moat

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 06:45:39 pm »
They are only being produced in yellow for the launch, however there are a small number of orange ones.

john martin

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 06:54:45 pm »
2'' hoses, these machines are really good, a couple of lads in Ireland have had them nearly a year, I also know they have been secretly tested in industry over here for about 18 months ;)

2" hoses !   that must be 'speed accelerator' mod mentioned above   
So Extracta might just have the most powerfull twinvac machine   !   :)

I cant see them ditching the 3kw immersion so they must have two 8.4s on one cord ?
Might be decent  ....you could always upgrade the pump easily enough  .

Steve Chapman

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 07:28:19 pm »
Its about time they updated the machine !

They do last though, although i replaced the 7.2 vacs with 5.4 as they were going all the time and costing a small fortune.

Never noticed any difference in performance !

Steve

Simon Moat

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 07:34:13 pm »

2" hoses !   that must be 'speed accelerator' mod mentioned above   
So Extracta might just have the most powerfull twinvac machine   !   :)

I cant see them ditching the 3kw immersion so they must have two 8.4s on one cord ?
Might be decent  ....you could always upgrade the pump easily enough  .

Correct John.

Glynn

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 08:30:11 pm »
Regards
Glynn

john martin

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 01:17:45 pm »
  The difference in performance between the 8.4 and 6.6.

http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/Product%20Bulletin/122178-18.pdf

http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/Product%20Bulletin/122236-18.pdf

The 8.4 has more lift ... a little more CFM , over all more airwatts .
And like its 6.6 brother it has recessed bearings and moisture protection .

The 8.4 also draws a little less current ... and as Extacta have shown , allows two motors to be placed on one cord ... which allows 3kw heat on cord two .

This info is especially for any cleantalk members who read here .
Once again the shills are lying to you .     :)

stuart_clark

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 02:33:01 pm »
The moisture  protector didn't help when I had a Jaguar I still managed to melt six vacume motors in as many months! Iv'e had my new Scorpion now well over a year without the slightest problem! If I hadn't treated the machine very well as the supplier wanted you to believe I would of had the same problems !

john martin

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 02:51:41 pm »
The moisture  protector didn't help when I had a Jaguar I still managed to melt six vacume motors in as many months! Iv'e had my new Scorpion now well over a year without the slightest problem! If I hadn't treated the machine very well as the supplier wanted you to believe I would of had the same problems !

Stuart ...   
I only mentioned the moisture protection because one of the CT shills said the 8.4 was for dry use only .
From what I've heard the 6.6 blowing was not related to moisture ingress although that is a factor with the machine you mention . I 'v have heard a more convincing theory on the cause of vacs blowing and i believe some of the better manufactures may have it under control now ... but it was not your fault or anything to do with the user .