mark shannon

Re: Footwear for carpet cleaning
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 06:02:27 pm »
doctor martins shoes all the way , good to wear , look smart , and comply to most site rules , last for years without looking shabby

Me to and overshoes just to post groom and custy walkaround.

Chris_Thomas

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 08:21:03 pm »
Bistro Crocs, no holes in the uppers.

tony bish

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 09:21:14 am »
Clean Trainers for me also,I always roll a piece of carpet out by the door before I do job .Would not wear protectors just perhaps to do quote but to dangerous imo especially with stairs .

dawsons

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 12:04:57 pm »
We use Dr Martins shoes too. They don't 'mark' the carpet either in any way and comfortable.

david@zap-clean

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 12:31:11 pm »
Thanks for all the replies - I've decided to order a pair of these:

http://www.sfceurope.com/uk/Catalogue/Womens/Under-5/Revolution-9041

I liked the 'non-slip' sole, smart/casual appearance, and water-resistant uppers.

I'll report back on how I find them in a few months, unless they fall apart before that.
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 04:35:35 pm »
David

Women's - Athletic - Revolution

david@zap-clean

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 05:57:19 pm »
David

Women's - Athletic - Revolution

hahahah  ;D,

Yes... I would have ordered these:
http://www.sfceurope.com/uk/Catalogue/Mens/Athletic/Evolution-8028
...but I liked to pop-out 4inch high heel version better :-)
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Craigp

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 09:53:24 pm »
I didn't know so much could be said about what footwear to wear carpet cleaning.

Nick Attwood

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 09:56:08 pm »
This is what I wear, have found them the best yet in “7 years” DM’s or polished shoes without overshoes are a nightmare as always end up creating boot polish marks!!!!!

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-rongbuk-acg-gtx-mens-hiking-shoes-183142?colcode=18314245

Neil Jones

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 10:45:29 pm »
I generally wear shoes like a normal person, sometimes white, sometimes black, sometimes boots. I can't say I really think about it in much detail.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2013, 12:10:54 am »
We use Dr Martins shoes too. They don't 'mark' the carpet either in any way and comfortable.

here here we been cleaning  in them over 20 years wouldn't even think of using anything else

cannon

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2013, 12:21:22 am »
You lot are posh and rich, i have 1 pair of shoes owned for more years than i remember  and 1 pair of black nike trainers.

These trainers are everyday shoes, gym shoes, work shoes, shoes for informal gatherings, slippers,  infact i wear them constantly apart from the 2 or 3 nights a year i wear the shoes

They generally last about 2 year, at which point they go down the pecking order and become gardening shoes, shoes i wear when stripping floors etc.

Customers houses i wear overshoes....they love it

john martin

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013, 12:37:42 am »

Highly recommend these or any of the grisport shoes  ,  ecco like build quality but very light and resilient to wear drips and chemicals .
 Good shoes make big contribution to reducing stress on your body imo.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grisport-Dolomite-Hiking-Brown-CMG034/dp/B002IIE7WY

James Jacob

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 07:14:38 pm »
Trainers & Logic is what i wear.... Different for each customer.... Have the blue overshoes in your pocket for upper class / fussy middle class & dont really worry about it for most middle/lower class... as most of those you have to wipe your feet on the way out anyway!  ;)

James Jacob

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 08:09:00 pm »
To be honest, i cant say ive ever had that problem... mind you i never go into someones house with "Really Dirty Trainers" on anyway... the small ammount of surface dust thats on the bottom of your shoes usually comes off within the first few steps of the hallway carpet just like any other visitors... & i would be there to clean the carpets anyway, so that would come off too :) if anyone cleans a carpet & ends up leaving muddy/dirty footprints all over it...it would leave me to seriously question there ability as a carpet cleaner...lol

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2013, 08:22:39 pm »
why don't you wear the over shoes for all customer?  :-\

James Jacob

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2013, 08:48:22 pm »
Well, my Personal reason for not wearing overshoes for every single customer is that i partly stated in one of my previous posts.... Its just not always necassary & it all boils down to logic again & like i said before,I carry the overshoes with me in my pocket & if i feel that the customer would appreciate me wearing them, then i will & or if it has been raining then i may wear them OR i may take my shoes off altogether... but if for example im cleaning an end of tennancy empty house/flat dirty carpet or a "council estate trash" persons house who has dirty carpets already (you know the type, house stinking of staffies, cr@p everywhere...) i wont bother...  :) like i said, houses where you clean your feet on the way out... (obviously im talking about when you go to quote...)

James Jacob

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2013, 10:02:05 pm »
Not really.... It only appears that way because im writing it... But its all logical  :)
& ive had times where customers have been really quite concerned as to why im wearing them & i end up having to reassure them for some time that im not using dangerous/poisionous/corrosive chemicals on there carpets...Anyone had that one or is it just me?...lol Anyway lets not all make mountains out of molehills... whether operators wear overshoes or not is down to each & every owner operator & that was just my personal 2c on the topic of "overshoes" & does in no way imply that i have a bad attitude when it comes to carpet cleaning... Peace :)