Xtremely Clean

just starting which system to buy
« on: August 21, 2012, 01:18:27 pm »
Hi everyone, I am just starting up and im confused about which system to go for, a hwe or a system like dry fusion, I want to clean both domestic and commercial, please could you give me any pro's and con's for both systems.

Thanks
Rob Clarke

Susan Dean (1stclean)

Re: just starting which system to buy
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 02:39:29 pm »
46 posts and you havnt got any gear yet ????

Xtremely Clean

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 03:16:16 pm »
yes but that will be 45 posts on window cleaning as that's the business I have atm but want to start carpet cleaning as im sick of the weather dictating whether I go to work or not  :)

Which machine do you use  Susan?
Rob Clarke

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 03:25:01 pm »
are ok well if its a can of worms you want you have asked the question

like most fourms people have there own ways and own gear so its going to be mostly on you and what you want to do ect ect

how much money do you want to spend ??? or have you got ??? that is what i need to know ponitless anyone talking about gear you cant afford

do you want to buy new gear or secondhand ??? again you get more for your buck secondhand , are you looking to do a good job i.e. make it part of your income or will it be an add on to the windows ???

i an running truckmounts so maybe i little to big to start with however saying that if you have the cash and can afford for it to not earn right away then go t.m. forget porty there hard work

Xtremely Clean

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 03:50:26 pm »
I will be running it alongside an oven cleaning business as well, I've had enough of windows now :(, I like to do the best job I can I couldn't take money off a customer if I didn't do a good job  :), I've got up to 5k to spend but wouldn't have enough space for a tm.  :)
Rob Clarke

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 04:23:20 pm »
I I had 5G to spend I would be looking at a Jaguar or Airflex.
Depends on whether you want it to look pretty or do the business.
I know which I would have but then I'm an ugly bu88er.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Billy Russell

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 04:43:54 pm »
To be fair, i've seen alot of this, where everybody says the jag is better and then the others jump on and say the storm is better blah blah blah, but has anybody tried them side by side, how much of a difference is there? they both have there pro's and con's, but would be nice to hear views from people that have used both in real situations, Don't really bother me to be honest, Just playing devils advocate i suppose

derek west

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 04:52:34 pm »
i would say it doesn't matter. airflex or jaguar. neither will out do each other, you will get exactly the same excellent results from either machine. and here endeth the airflex jaguar debate.

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 05:16:40 pm »
they both suck they both squirt they are both plastic with 2 big vacs    both from good companies with good customer service but they are still not a tm       ( i will get my coat )

Xtremely Clean

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 05:20:28 pm »
Which is best out of hwe and a system like dry fusion?
Rob Clarke

markpowell

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 05:39:45 pm »
HWE 100,000 %

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 05:42:08 pm »
my advice would get a hwe machine then get a rotary which you can then use for lm cleaning anf even pre spray agitation a rotary is prob one of the most versatile pieces of kit you can own but cannot replace hwe  imo

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 05:51:34 pm »
each system can achieve good results in situations where it could be the best choice of method . 

what i was trying to suggest is that why not have both  because at the end of the day you can pick up a decent rotary for peanuts with the right brush and pads it can double up as a scrubber for hard floors and even agitate pre spray in.

Xtremely Clean

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 05:54:29 pm »
Cheers for your replies, im still a bit confused as to why hwe is better but I gather that's what you all believe, I was looking at dry fusion as I think I would stand out from the crowd but now im not so sure lol. ;D
Rob Clarke

Xtremely Clean

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 06:01:05 pm »
Cheers Richard, makes sense to have both, do you know where I could get a decent rotary?

Thanks
Rob Clarke

*Hector*

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 06:03:19 pm »
As someone who only LM cleans, IMO dry fusion is a lot of money for the same sort of system... A bog standard rotary some decent pads and the right chems you can do just as good a job with LM as you can with dry fusion.

I got my first rotary for £80 of flea bay.
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

derek west

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 06:03:53 pm »
my wife cleans her hair once a fortnight, (dirty girl ;D) she uses the shower. occassionally when she hasn't got time she uses this dry spray, its all right, makes her hair look okay but doesn't last, so to sum up. using water cleans things, everything else is just maintenance.

and for those that can't see my point.

if a carpet is dirty it needs cleaning with hot water extraction, if its been cleaned you can then maintain it for as long as you dare wth dry fusion, or if you can see through the hype, a rotary bonnet system. some may disagree and i'm okay with that. but thats my take on your question.

Xtremely Clean

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 06:14:10 pm »
As someone who only LM cleans, IMO dry fusion is a lot of money for the same sort of system... A bog standard rotary some decent pads and the right chems you can do just as good a job with LM as you can with dry fusion.

I got my first rotary for £80 of flea bay.
Cheers hector  :)
Rob Clarke

Xtremely Clean

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 06:17:31 pm »
my wife cleans her hair once a fortnight, (dirty girl ;D) she uses the shower. occassionally when she hasn't got time she uses this dry spray, its all right, makes her hair look okay but doesn't last, so to sum up. using water cleans things, everything else is just maintenance.

and for those that can't see my point.

if a carpet is dirty it needs cleaning with hot water extraction, if its been cleaned you can then maintain it for as long as you dare wth dry fusion, or if you can see through the hype, a rotary bonnet system. some may disagree and i'm okay with that. but thats my take on your question.
Cheers Derek makes sense :)
Rob Clarke

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 06:46:54 pm »
When your shirt is dirty, do you spray some stuff on it and give it a wipe, or do you wash it and then give it a good rinse???
God must love stupid people---He made so many.