wynne jones

Re: 480 suites a year!
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 10:55:42 pm »
It's only because it's relative to carpets. When you think what some people do for a living we have it pretty easy.

When you don't need to do them though, you can just put your prices up to make it a pleasure.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Craigp

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 11:10:14 pm »
Derek, yes I sometimes get MMF in deltoids.

Fabric restorer. Agitation, CFR. 5"

(Momentary muscular failure) for those not familiar with training terms  ;D

derek west

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 11:22:00 pm »
Derek, yes I sometimes get MMF in deltoids.

Fabric restorer. Agitation, CFR. 5"

(Momentary muscular failure) for those not familiar with training terms  ;D

never got on with fabric restorer. tested it once along side 4 other chems on an acrylic mix suite and it came last. might be worth experimenting craig. just a thought me young/old (delete as appropriate) ;D, if you can let the chems do the work for you with just a minimum of agitation then it makes the job easier and all thats left then is to get comfy with the rinse. i find cleaning suites no harder or easier than cleaning carpets and still earn the same hourly rate.

Craigp

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 11:34:57 pm »
Ermm younger I think, 35 ? what upholstery chemical have you found best? Il give it a try..

mark_roberts

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 11:56:52 pm »
Its the upholstery manufacturers esp DFS who make cleaning suites difficult.

Mark

Craigp

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 12:17:57 am »
Hello Mark, good to see you back.

Colin Day

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 09:01:49 am »
What a bloody boring job it would be just cleaning suites , must be brain dead to want to do just that all day every day !!

If you find any part of your job boring, perhaps it's time to move on and find other work.

I like doing suites but only because I find it quite therapeutic and an nice and easy job to do.... :)

robert meldrum

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 01:51:36 pm »
Dtto ...

derek west

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 03:08:13 pm »
Ermm younger I think, 35 ? what upholstery chemical have you found best? Il give it a try..

any good micro splitter on most suites should do the trick, i use split x from cleansmart but most good suppliers will have a decent enough micro splitter, (don't believe the hype there all good ;)) i mix mine quite heavy though, don't eff about with 1 to 120 or whatever it is. about 1 to 8 for me. spray on, give it a tickle, acid rinse extract, usually do all the base cushions first (which gives you some dwell time)then get them stacked up with a blower on em then do the back cushions and the dirty bits on carcus, then finish with just rinsing anything that aint dirty. if cushions or arms don't quite cut the mustard i hit with either citra boost or citra concentrate,(the latter being good on dye transfer) very rare that i need anymore than microsplitter though. hope thios helps, maybe give it a go sometime.

AshWhite

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 03:16:17 pm »
any good micro splitter on most suites should do the trick, i use split x from cleansmart but most good suppliers will have a decent enough micro splitter, (don't believe the hype there all good ;)) i mix mine quite heavy though, don't eff about with 1 to 120 or whatever it is. about 1 to 8 for me. spray on, give it a tickle, acid rinse extract, usually do all the base cushions first (which gives you some dwell time)then get them stacked up with a blower on em then do the back cushions and the dirty bits on carcus, then finish with just rinsing anything that aint dirty. if cushions or arms don't quite cut the mustard i hit with either citra boost or citra concentrate,(the latter being good on dye transfer) very rare that i need anymore than microsplitter though. hope thios helps, maybe give it a go sometime.

:o it's all gonna kick off now!
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Ricky M

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 04:03:33 pm »

:o it's all gonna kick off now!

why Ash , on chems they are the manufactures recommended dilution rates, at a guess when they test this stuff its on shiny new carpets etc and used on spills and stains that are fresh and they want us to feel the stuff will last for ever  ;D ;D
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

AshWhite

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 04:07:57 pm »
I was taking the mickey, although someone will be along shortly to point out that this dilution rate will probably cause Venus to collide with Jupiter, sending space debris into Earth, meaning the end of life as we know it.

Ricky M

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 05:06:31 pm »
I was taking the mickey, although someone will be along shortly to point out that this dilution rate will probably cause Venus to collide with Jupiter, sending space debris into Earth, meaning the end of life as we know it.

;)
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

wynne jones

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 10:07:53 pm »
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

AshWhite

Jim_77

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 10:58:48 pm »
I think the microsplitter Derek's on about states 1:10 as its strongest dilution for restorative cleaning, so not far out really (but you must be made of money using that much of it ;) ).  It's only the colloidal cleaners that have the higher dilution rates like 1:120

mark_roberts

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 11:08:39 pm »
Thanks Craig.  Didnt really go anywhere just not focused on cleaning these past few months.

Mark

Allan Simmons

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2012, 10:48:39 pm »
Andrew,the average soiled 12 cushion suite ( Dralon) takes me
Anything up to one and a half days starting or arriving at the customers
House at no later than 9am.Leaving the customers house at 5.30pm.
On 2 occasions I `ve cleaned an elderly gentlemans 12 cushion Dralon
Suite,both were pipe smokers,one suite was 8 years old,the other was
12 years old.Started Monday morning,finished at Wednesday noon.
Used 200 terry cloths on em`both.Takes ages to launder, the nicotine etc.
The only time I could clean 2 suites in a day would be if they were both
4 cushion cottage suites lightly soiled. 8)
It`s getting the customer to part with £450 plus,even for a superb finish
Without getting the grandkids on ya back. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Suite cleaning it`s horse work. :'(

Lewis  Doubtfire

This is meant to get a rise out of us, right? 

Wynne, there used to be an old guy, Shaun may remember him, "Jack from Tickhill", this is exactly what he used to do, he used to take the castors off, oil then and put them back, take the base fabric off, clean under there and replace it.  He was stacked out with high end work all over the Yorkshire area.  He's retired now.  He was a real gentleman and even wore a butler type outfit, I jest not.

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 05:40:40 am »
Allan,now ya would`nt be refering to myself would ya ? 8)
Now I`m not disputing what your writing but I do `draw
The line`at oiling the castors. ::)

P. S.

There`s many a good tune played on an old fiddle. ;D :D ;) :)
All this at 5.30pm on a Sunday morning. :P

Lewis  Doubtfire
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 10:35:35 am »
Did jack trade as The old English cleaning company?

Shaun