Mark Slaney

Ashbys Enforcer
« on: January 20, 2011, 07:34:16 pm »

Anyone bought the new Ashbys machine. The "enforcer"

As an add on you can have a remote autofill and auto dump option. When you cut the vacs and pump it automatically fills and dumps. 2in vac hose and shower proof so you can leave outside in rain. Bit ugly though.

robert meldrum

Re: Ashbys Enforcer
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:44:27 pm »
UGLY ?

Compared to what and what do looks matter anyway, most customers won't see it, or be remotely interested in how it looks,  but what it does for them.

A bit surprised as it's not Century 400 ( the maker of the Ninja ) 's new Ninja model.

davep

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 07:59:23 pm »
After hearing about the customer service I wouldnt go any where near Ashbys gear!

wynne jones

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 08:12:43 pm »
I agree with Dave, their kit doesn't need a makeover their attitude does.

Was a program on last night with some business woman dressed up like a dogs dinner saying how UK companies give pooe service. I reckon this is true, but there are many exceptions and I bet most on here give ten times better service than high street retailers.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 08:23:15 pm »
I can see a lot of imports coming from Poland bet that cut some one margins ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mark Slaney

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 08:27:08 pm »
UGLY ?

Compared to what and what do looks matter anyway, most customers won't see it, or be remotely interested in how it looks,  but what it does for them.

A bit surprised as it's not Century 400 ( the maker of the Ninja ) 's new Ninja model.

I think if you spent money on new new machine looks can come into it, obviously spec comes first but you would still want it to look nice, my ugly comment was just a personnel view the spec and remote system seem a great innovative idea.

This was designed and built by ashbys themselves.

Dave, personally iv'e never had a problem with Ashbys, Martins a nice helpful guy.
Iv'e had more provlems with alltec and woodbridge.

Eddie_Rhone

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 08:58:14 pm »
Looks an interesting machine. However just done a quick search of Ashbys site but cannot find any reference Google search the same. Anyone have any specs about this machine.

Regards

Eddie

boshravie

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 10:30:46 pm »
After hearing about the customer service I wouldnt go any where near Ashbys gear!

I can top that, for so many years they treated me very badly as I was a very good customer too, so personally I wouldn’t buy anything from them any more.

spindle

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 09:28:54 am »
i wont go near ashbys either

they cant repair anything! just wanna sell you new parts at a massive mark up..

my gauge broke...asked how much too supply and fit.... £22 for gauge and £45 to fit!! oh and plus vat on parts and labour!
£45 for 10 mins work...£270ph labour charge!! :o :o
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

brianbarber

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 08:20:41 pm »
How much is this machine?

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 08:26:39 pm »
If you have to ask you cant afford it  ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 08:33:37 pm »
I had a look at Matt's machines at Cleansmart and they are very well made I thought the little Airflex mini was very good.

Shaun

Mark Slaney

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 10:20:59 pm »
How much is this machine?

Mr B

Was quoted about 2700 which included the built in steam mate. It was about £150 extra for the remote set up. 

brianbarber

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 10:25:31 pm »
Be nice to see demo,
Wondered if can be run from van like air flex turbo?

Mr B

Mark Slaney

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 10:43:04 pm »
Yep can be run from van with auto fill and unlike the airflex can have an auto dump which both can be controlled by remote.

JandS

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 10:32:49 am »
Where's the specs?

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

dave123

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 04:55:25 pm »
Spindle2k did you use  the Dartford branch of Ashbys ? Never had a problem with them in 10 years always found Ed, Paul and Derek very helpful, have always got me out of a pickle when needed and get a cup of tea whilst I'm waiting  ;D

Harry Roberts

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 06:07:22 pm »
Hi everyone, just noticed this thread,

Has anyone seem or used the Ninja Warrior?

Heres a link

http://www.cleaning-products.net/ninja_carpet_extractors.htm

james roffey

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 10:00:46 pm »
I felt they took advantage in my first year trading so sold the machine which was quite good but now have the Airflex turbo,better machine much better service and most importantly "trust" cleansmart look at the long term benefits of customer service rather then the quick buck :( that Ashbys seem to adopt

ianharper

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 07:22:06 am »
James

you did not say if they did a good job or not with the service? I know it was expensive but that was your choice you could have taken it to someone else like the guy in Watford.

I agree with what you say but the ninja is a great machine and is value for money. its just the service that bad. but that fixable

Respect

Ian Harper

cleanability

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 07:49:21 am »
I've a Ninja with all the bells and whistles ie in-line heater/auto dump. And I do have found Ashbys a nightmare to deal with. But is it only me that finds the Ninja much to awkward to manhandle anywhere awkward ie up/down steps etc? So much so that I've a 4yr old Ninja gathering dust with only a years work down out of it.

\chris

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 08:14:21 am »
The point we need to remember is our suppliers specialize in servicing our machines.

Hence they do charge a premium price because they know we only use them when we have a problem we cannot fix or the local washing machine  guy does not know what to do or we cannot find a part.

Matt Seymour

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 10:05:15 am »
Have to say the Enforcer does bear an uncanny resemblance to my black recycling wheelie bin! ;D

jsm

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 09:16:58 am »
I felt they took advantage in my first year trading so sold the machine which was quite good but now have the Airflex turbo,better machine much better service and most importantly "trust" cleansmart look at the long term benefits of customer service rather then the quick buck :( that Ashbys seem to adopt

plus the cleansmart lady sounds nicer on the phone :-)

lol phone them both up and see for yourself lol   :-[
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

creighton foyle

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 12:14:25 pm »
cleansmart lady is sarah i call her posh cos thats how she sounds, she's a really nice lady and matts a good guy too service is 1st class.

james roffey

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 06:39:14 pm »
James

you did not say if they did a good job or not with the service? I know it was expensive but that was your choice you could have taken it to someone else like the guy in Watford.

I agree with what you say but the ninja is a great machine and is value for money. its just the service that bad. but that fixable

Respect

Ian Harper

Ian

The service was ok but how good can service be if you do not have trust in them, being new to carpet cleaning i was in their hands as to what "needed" doing it was a steep learning curve but i learnt a valuable lesson, to this day i still do not understand any company behaving like that, i am totally happy with Mat at cleansmart a few times he could have sold me stuff that with hindsight i knew i did not need but he gave honest advice an opted for long term customer service rather that the quick buck option, well thats how i saw it.

james roffey

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 06:42:31 pm »
Sarah at cleansmart  ;) very good at her job and sounds  :P

brianbarber

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 08:13:51 pm »
Is anybody out there using one of these machines??

Mr B

clinton

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 08:51:37 pm »
Are they on the market yet ???

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 09:13:34 pm »
What's the weight? are they 2 or 3 vac?

Not sure if most 3 vac machines are 5" vac motors is there too much voltage for the 7" ones?

You do have to look at what you want from a machine, Scorpion is the lightest, Airflex easiest to work on and maybe looks the best, Alltec have the most experience and they make a meaty machine, Ashbys Ninjas have everything from extra heat and vac boosters but Ashbys service can let them down although I have not been on the recieving end of it.

I guess that it will be shown at the cleaning show in March.

Shaun

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 10:00:57 pm »
Before getting the TM I used the ninja with all the bells and whistles on never found it toooooo heavy and always worked great now a very good back up machine.
As for service from ashbys never needed any as nothing ever went wrong with it.
Derek I found to be a gentleman

Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Mark Slaney

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 10:18:20 pm »

Going down to have a demo friday.

Hears some spec on it

Fitted with 2" spigot
  2 vacs in series, one 3 stage 5.7 and one 3 stage 7.2
  600psi limited to 400psi
  built in 3kw heater
  optional 3kw v2 steam mate
  Shower proof
  optional auto fill with or without chemical feed
  optional auto drain (pumps out while working)
  optional remote which cuts pump and vacuums then switches on auto feed and    drain.
  Recovery tank 52 litre
  solution tank 40litre

Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 10:55:48 pm »
Sounds simular to most 2 vac machines but with another body, if I were to buy a porty for my main machine it would be a 3 vac machine.

Shaun

brianbarber

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 10:57:34 pm »
If you having demo, ask them to run the ninja with same spec side by side, see how they compare

I take it demo at dartford?

Mr B

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 11:05:44 pm »
Aren't the Ninjas in parallel? the Enforcer should leave carpets drier.

Shaun

carpet_care

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 11:28:35 pm »
No shaun i have 2 ninjas there in series. The scorp and airflex or parallel  i think

Andy Locke.

Mark Slaney

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 11:34:00 pm »

Yes ninjas in series as well . They claim with the vac booster can opertate at 400ft.

carpet_care

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 11:40:00 pm »
I used to use the ninja with the vac booster and you could feel a reduction in vaccuum at 50ft i wouldnt even like to run my prowler at 400 ft so the ninja no way  :o

Andy Locke.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 11:38:42 am »
Sounds simular to most 2 vac machines but with another body, if I were to buy a porty for my main machine it would be a 3 vac machine.

Shaun

What is the attraction to the 3 vac models?

Is it for longer hose runs, drier carpets or the ability to use higher psi or other?

Joe H

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am »
What is the attraction to the 3 vac models?
Is it for longer hose runs, drier carpets or the ability to use higher psi or other?

Definitely the first two you mention, plus cleaner and healthier carpets done quicker. (all depending on skill of operator of course).

High psi is not an issue really, most of time I am down to 300 anyway (but I suppose that could be classed as high compared to 135 a lot of 2 vac machines have).

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 03:37:10 pm »
IMO the 1500w 5.7" and 7.2" motors have very nearly the same performance and use the same power (1500 watts). The 5.7s go longer between services and are around 1/2 price of 7.2s. Any machines coming in to me needing 7.2 replacements are converted to 5.7s. Far less trouble.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.