Robin Ray

Foam!
« on: September 26, 2018, 07:03:39 pm »
Had a lounge carpet that had been cleaned entirely before hand with vanish foam! I literally couldn't do 5 wand passes without losing vacuum.  I felt like slitting my wrists after a emptying and flushing the tank through for the 10th time. Why do people think this stuff is a good idea... especially on dog urine? ??? and on a whole carpet!!

derikraven

Re: Foam!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 06:07:22 am »
Its because they think they will save money by doing it themselves. They believe the advert that tells them how easy it is to clean your own carpet. I honestly believe trading standards should get involved here. It's the same with Rug Doctor. A Rug Doctor is incapable of cleaning a carpet properly. If you use shampoo to clean a carpets the properties of shampoo make it easy to over wet the carpet. The machine has a very poor vaccuum so can only suck water from the surface of the carpet leaving lots of soap behind. As the carpet dries the residue rises to the surface leaving a sticky coating and the carpet re soils rapidly. Along comes Joe Carpet cleaner to put things right only to find his machine is full of foam almost straight away.

Jennifer w

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 03:13:46 pm »
I suppose you could always try some de former!!!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 03:54:33 pm »
Powdered defoamer sprinkled on the carpet might have solved the problem
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 04:21:41 pm »
People who flood the carpet with vanish should be removed from existance.  ;D

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 08:08:47 pm »
It was way beyond defoamer. It was a tank full of foam after every couple of square meters cleaned over the entire lounge.... ans it was on the first floor! Having said that though i have got out of the habit of carrying defoamer as I very rarely use it and if I had some I would have used it as a prespray. I will definitely be getting some powdered defoamer to keep on the van for the next time. Unfortunately its just one of those things that consumes space on the shelf for 95 % of the time until you need it.

Robin Ray

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 08:10:22 pm »
People who flood the carpet with vanish should be removed from existance.  ;D

I must admit i did feel like that the other day a bit. I have since calmed down a little. ;D