ned

Hot water systems
« on: October 12, 2007, 06:43:43 pm »
Does anyone use hot water system for window cleaning or signage if so is it worth the investment    cheers     Ned

Count Phil

Re: Hot water systems
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 06:45:23 pm »
I asked the same yesterday and no one knew.

niceandclean

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 07:09:52 pm »
I have a thermopure. I use the hot water on first cleans, cladding and signage, i find it does help. I also always use it in the winter, but during the summer doing maintainance cleans i never switch it on. I know that alot of people say how expensive Ionic are, i generally work 6 days a week,the system is 3 years old, all the same original parts ie pumps, hoses, webasto, ect ect, never had a lost day of work due to anything not working, everyday i just come out and it all works fine. ( thats blown it ) So to me its been worth the money, and the option of having hot water is a bonus!

Count Phil

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 12:48:17 pm »
niceandclean, what are the running costs?

My ro cost nothing really, I heard that ionics filters don't last?

Also, how much better is hot? I mean, does the dirt just drop off? I'm close to buying one you see.

Also, how fast does it fill?

Phil

niceandclean

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 03:20:07 pm »
To be honest i dont really know the running cost of the hot water, but at a guess about a litre of diesel a day, if you have it on all day? It draws the diesel from the main tank on the van.
Ive still got the same RO, but the colour change filters i was changing every 3 months at around £70 a time. I now have an RO in my shed due to having to move houses and i do not have a drive, so filling was a pain. But to fill from empty it took me around 2.5-3 hours to fill a 300 litre tank.
I find that the hot water on first cleans does help, but on maintainance cleans i cant see any difference to be honest. They say with hot water the windows dry quicker, but i dont hang around to check. All in all i cant fault the system in anyway. If you dont mind spending alot of money on one, i would defo recommend one!

Count Phil

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 05:27:24 pm »
cheers dude.

niceandclean

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 05:42:06 pm »
 ;) Welcome

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 11:12:02 am »
If they didn't cost anything extra most of would probably have one for those odd initial cleans. In general they do not make enough of a difference to warrant it for me personally.

Now if they were able to remove baked on egg them it might be different.