Iain_Thomas

Builders Clean charges
« on: January 21, 2004, 06:10:20 pm »
;D Can anybody tell me the approx charge for cleaning newbuild houses. Thanks :)

Terry_Burrows

Re: Builders Clean charges
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 07:14:32 pm »
;)as you can see by the response,er not many people
injoy doing these jobs,I would say charge what you want
our selfs we would not touch this work with a barge pole :o the site agents are about the worse people to deal with,I have lost thousands of pounds on one job >:( all because of this,tread light with this work they also hold up your money,not easy to get out of them,no matter how big there company name is ???
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Iain_Thomas

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 08:31:37 pm »
Cheers for the warning fortunatly we havent had those problems yet and we have done a few. i just wanted to make sure i wasnt under charging. :D

petra

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 10:45:54 pm »
Builders cleans are great...... all you need to do is lay down some ground rules ie you don't start cleaning a house until builder are completly finished, then when you are finished you get site forman to sign document saying that the build was cleaned to spec.
AS for cost, It mainly depends on what part of the country you are in, size of houses, type of kitchen, type of tiles  ( black tiles are a g*t) number of on suites ect.
Petra

Terry Some of us do work during the day ;D, hence delays in replies.

squeaky

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 09:32:59 pm »
U can charge what you want around here as none of the cleaning companies want to do them,the site agents are *"(.) oles and they want everything done for nothing ,expect you to work when there are 5 other trades finishing off and then complain that there is a fingerprint on a tile (yes Roger I mean you)
Part time (mornings) window cleaning/ suites and rugs in sunny Spain and loving it.

Jake

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 10:16:05 pm »
squeaky

I'm from Devon, and we (westclean) certainly cannot charge what we like (if only!). In the Exeter area the problem is competing with contract cleaning companies that pay their cleaners £4.50 an hour! We also have had problems with trying to clean with the house full of trades finishing off, but if a property is being handed over at 5PM you can't exactly walk out! Genarally we don't have a problem with site agents. Now quantity surveyors!!!!!!thats another story!!!!

jake
Exeter, Devon

stepheng

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 12:23:21 am »
free grand

suedsct

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 05:11:20 pm »

Terry Some of us do work during the day ;D, hence delays in replies.[/quote]  

:D i find that funny..I think my days will be taken up soon! if thig do you find that people let you clean during the afternoon as well as the morning. and whos in domestic cleaning on here?
sue   8)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 03:48:36 am »
Why has noone come up with a figure

For example £100 3 bed house.

£45 3bed house

£250 because we offer supperior service

we clean tiles with xyz

baths with zyx

The house is left sparkiling.

No other cleaning company has the knowledge or skill to do such a good job

SteveTruman

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 04:27:30 pm »
Hi guys,
Been doing builders cleans for 10 plus years but recently the main contractor i  do work for has reset the goalposts. I now have to cover the ground floor in heavy duty paper or cardboard off a roll, anybody know where i can get this type of stuff ( Tried screwfix and the local builders merchants ). Also while i am on can anybody tell me a way which works for removing a white heat mark off my dark mahogany table top.

In anticapation

Steve

petra

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2004, 06:15:09 pm »
Try a car spares shop, I Know Andy Auto pannel do sell it by the roll and its not expensive They are based in Whitstable Kent
Hope this helps

seanc

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 08:32:28 pm »
marsking paper from any paint consunable suplyer (car paint dont know about house maybe worth a try) the price i have is about £13.00 a roll for three feet wide lenth i dont know but verry verry verry long
do it today tommorow never comes

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2004, 08:59:16 pm »
;)Dear Petra

bless you ;)I do work and look after big companys on
a sub con basis,so I have to play 2 rolls in life ??? ;D
Terry the Guinness Book of fastest window cleaner bit! ;) :Dand I have to work work :P for PR work yes I get paid but not always ??? :-/ :'( TV work some times
for the Federation yes,but yes I still do work ;)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2004, 04:59:49 pm »
HI,We at CTCS charge a standard rate per cleaner,per 8 hour day which is £95.We have built up a very good reputation and now work for a number of companys which all say we are the best cleaning company they have used so must be doing something right and charging a reasonable price :D