Mike Halliday

Drying times
« on: January 04, 2019, 04:25:33 pm »
Sat here at 4:16pm having finished cleaningthe carpets at 11am,  walking around in my bare feet they feel dry and i’ve Put all the furniture back. They felt a bit damp to the touch at 2pm but with my socks on they felt ok to walk on.

To be honest i’m Happy with that time and if it’s the same dry time  for the customer I clean for then I don’t think they have much to complain about.

Maybe putting some air over on them might have dried them quicker but if I was working in someone else’s house then I could not have left them .

So we are talking about a 5hr dry time ( dry to the touch) 

So who’s getting them dry quicker than 5hrs ?😉😉😉😉😉
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wayne zabel

Re: Drying times
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 06:47:54 pm »
I thought all carpets were dry in 2 hours according to all the BS we read ;D

john martin

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:49:52 pm »
Too many variables to answer  ...    type of carpet  , how much cleaning it needs , ambient temp  etc  etc  let alone the differences in methods and equiptment  ???

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 08:52:26 pm »
Left with dry carpets this morning but that was a taxetherm clean and she kept me nattering for 45 mins after i finished..

But normally i'm looking around 6 hours..

I did my wifes wool rug a few days ago, took about 10 hours to dry..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVo2hbHtQFI&t=9s

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 07:29:10 am »
I thought all carpets were dry in 2 hours according to all the BS we read ;D

On my local Facebook it’s only 1 hr,

drying time have always been a bone of contention in our industry but I think it more important In the  head of the carpet cleaner than the customers, customer don’t Have a time in their heads it’s just as long as it takes.

Drying times is a massive sales technique if you are quoting against another carpet cleaner who has said the carpets are dry in 1-2hrs I usually say...

“I can have them dry in an hour or I can Give them a quality,  deep clean but it will take a little longer to dry, which would you prefer?”

Or..

“I’m going to give the full carpet a professional clean, then when I finish I stand back and inspect the carpet. if any areas have not responded well I will give those bits of the carpet another clean, so these areas will be slightly damper than the rest of the carpet as they have had a double clean”

Customers will put up with most inconveniences if they are aware of them in advance so they can plan ahead.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

joe34

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 02:31:08 pm »
 There's  a company  that's advertising on the local selling page near me drying times 45 mins??? she  also doing a offer mix and match 4 items £100 all in that includes sofa lounge bedroom etc.

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 04:42:34 pm »
As said, i have dry times of 45 minutes..I advertise "dry times from half an hour" and explain to customers that it might take longer if it's got more soiling.

But i use a texatherm system when I can, Low moisture always dries quicker..