UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

Stains...pop chart

(1/4) > >>

Derek:
Hi

For years the most common stain was either tea or coffee but in recent times the 'top of the pops' has to be red wine. My top three would be:-

1. Red wine
2. Oil/ grease spots
3. Coffee

My worst hate is the customer who has used every  chemical under the kitchen sink (and next doors too) then calmly call you, as a last resort, and expect you to wave your 'magic' wand to make it disappear!

Care to add to the list?

Derek

woodman:
I would have to add radiator valve leaks to that list
of the most 'popular' call outs.

I would agree all these stain removers, Vanish,1001 etc are a major headache.

Mike Halliday:
Powder paint & blu-tak were last months specials but then I did do a lot of nurseries.

the stains that I really love are those big black suger stains that you get with soft drinks they always look bad but usually come out no problem. I also like big black bitumin or dirty oil marks, the customer always seams to think if its oil then it permanent. POG soon lifts it out.

MIke

Dynafoam:
Could not agree more  the the 'kitchen sink' comments - I normaly refer to these efforts as "do-it-yourself brain surgery - the customer normaly understands this to be a slap on the wrist!!

Fortunately I have had no problem stains for the last ten days, due to a smashed-up foot but prior to that the dreaded curry stain has been cropping up with increased regularity as has de-cafinated coffee (far worse than the real thing, due to the added dye)

stevegunn:
Is there anything on the market to remove curry stains?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version