drive surgeon

tech clean suction hose problems.
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:41:12 pm »
when im starting the machine and i open the tap to let water through the air wont go out of suction pipe. i have replaced the tap, unloader valve and pump valves. the machine is still working but not to full pressure. it used to clear all the air out of pipe when i switched on and open tap. it only takes 5 seconds usually.

i have spoke to jan loads of times but dont like bugging her.

i cant see any holes in the3 suction pipe either. and the male connector on the end is jubillee clipped tight with no drips.

i just dont know what it can be unless the pump is faulty.

any ideas would be appreciated. thanks.

BDCS

Re: tech clean suction hose problems.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 01:39:03 pm »
DS - so the strainer is clean, the hose is not flat or kinked, there are no air leaks and the suction line QR still has its o ring ? if the answer to this is yes then it sounds like you have problems with the valves or maybe worse. Have you used the machine since you froze it up ? Freezing the machine may have damaged the valves but they are only minutes to change - did you keep the old ones ? I assume the pump is turning and the key is still intact. Check the oil level in the pump because if it rises it means the piston seals are shot. I can't think of any other causes at the moment. Take the QR off and allow the water to flow, replace and start the machine at low revs. If all else fails take it to someone capable

Roger Oakley

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 04:37:21 pm »
DS
Did you try all the things we spoke about re this the other day?

Another thing you could try is attach the suction hose but without the filter on the end, as BDCS stated might be a blockage there.

Kleen Machine

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 05:37:48 pm »
Hi DS,

Do you have a chemical injector on this machine?
It sounds like the machine is sucking air somewhere.
If you do have a chemical injector pinch off the suction
intake line on it. This might be your problem.
Let me know how it goes

Hal

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 05:51:59 pm »
Looks like the exchange rate has improved somewhat

stalwart

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 06:16:58 pm »
Indeed,looks like it ended on a high today ;)
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when

drive surgeon

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 07:06:06 pm »
hi hal nice to hear from you, i took the injection hose off? will air be getting in where the chemical injection goes in?

rog yes i have tried everything. the machine seems to be running at 3/4 pressure. when im shutting the tap shut there is air bubbles still in the pipe.

Kleen Machine

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 07:18:07 pm »
DS

Put your finger over the hole where the chemical injector hose
was that you took off when the machine is running
to see if there is a difference in pressure.

Hal

drive surgeon

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 07:30:28 pm »
hi hal god i never thought of that. but does the chemical injection tube not take in air at all even if if its still on?

im coming to florida in may but its a shame orlando is a long way from your place. i would have come for that lunch you mentioned and to look at your big hot washers. i will try visit you if possible.

drive surgeon

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 07:31:58 pm »
also how do i remedy the problem if i find out it is the chemical injection?

Kleen Machine

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 07:38:40 pm »
If the chemical injector is working properly it should not suck in air
but if it's broke it will suck in air.
If it is the chemical injector you can either buy a new one or remove
it from your system.
One other item to check would be your thermal relief valve.
If you see it dripping that might be the problem also.

Hal

drive surgeon

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 08:00:35 pm »
i removed the chemical injection tube a while ago but what stops air getting in if it has been removed? wont air just go up hole where the tube was screwed into?

BDCS

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 08:03:06 pm »
Thermal relief valve - does his machine have one of those or are you just making it up now beryl box

Roger Oakley

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 08:29:36 pm »
i removed the chemical injection tube a while ago but what stops air getting in if it has been removed? wont air just go up hole where the tube was screwed into?
DS
If you have taken the pipe off and have the black numpty/valve turned down then it should be closed, you could always put a cap type fitting on where the tube was so as to seal the chemical injection pipe, which IMO is a complete waste of time.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 08:40:03 pm »
Thermal relief valve - does his machine have one of those or are you just making it up now beryl box

BDCS
It don't have a thermal relief valve it's a Tech-Clean machine, same as one of the one's we have. Sales must be slack in the USA I guess  ;)

drive surgeon

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 08:48:16 pm »
i just checked my machine and the chemical injection hose outlet was part of the unloader valve. the hole where it came out of has been capped off with a screw threaded cap. so im guessing its not that.

could the problem be anyhting to do with the blue filter at the bottom of the pump? i took it off to clean it out but it was already pretty clean. can air get in this and affect the suction?

Roger Oakley

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 08:57:37 pm »
could the problem be anyhting to do with the blue filter at the bottom of the pump? i took it off to clean it out but it was already pretty clean. can air get in this and affect the suction?

Only if it is not lined-up or done up properley.

drive surgeon

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 09:08:34 pm »

Only if it is not lined-up or done up properley.

do you mean the filter or the screw cap lined up properly rog?

BDCS

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 09:21:03 pm »
DS can you not find someone near you thats capable of helping you ? Tech clean can't be far. Its bound to be something silly unless its down to the fact you froze the old girl up. Those inlet filters are likely to be cross threaded if you was'nt careful, is it square against the housing ? Have you used it since you froze it up ?

BDCS

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 09:24:05 pm »
Roger  ;) ;D

drive surgeon

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 09:39:17 pm »
i have replaced the unloader and oulet tap and pump valves after speaking to jan and rog on the phone. so it can only be something silly now. small things cause massive disruption. im hoping to get a new machine soon.

BDCS

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 10:49:25 pm »
I doubt if you really need a new machine - just get yours sorted by someone who knows what their doing, you may need to dip your hand in your arse pocket though :'( could you not take it to tech clean for service

dandandan

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 12:37:51 pm »
07785538646,Dave at Tiflex,liverpool,ask him he`s a mobile engineer

Ged

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 06:44:39 pm »
assume you are sucking water from tank or bin. had the same prob with same gear as you. daft as it sounds i just filled the water butt right to the top which produced more pressure at the inlet filter and it worked a treat
g.

dandandan

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 08:05:25 pm »
I had this headache at about 1 in 10 jobs,get to a job press trigger to build up pressure and nothing come out,5 mins later and alls ok,put it down to air pocket but never got to the bottom of it.I used to unclip feed pipe from bin to machine to make sure it was entering machine and it would be going into machine but not thru gun.