lesterM

Re: eco cleaning products
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 06:59:11 pm »
Hi

hmm... weird, can't find potassium hydrate anywhere on the internet, it's like it doesn't even exist??

its Lye   , old ash soap basis some time hyroxide, or potash if in fertiliser
No Job Too Odd.
Dont Panic - let us do it for you.
Pure dealers since 1746

dianegreenwood

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 09:41:28 am »
Apparently potassium hydrate is also called potassium hydroxide or caustic potash - "Corrosive - may cause serious burns. Harmful by ingestion, inhalation and in contact with skin. If the solid or solution comes into contact with the eyes, serious eye damage may result"

Green Clean I think you might need to talk to your supplier about this.

Best Wishes

Diane

izabela

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 12:27:21 pm »
Hi Diane
We are now in regular contact with nenviro.com for their supplies of eco aware products and using with good results their degreasers, descaler and oven cleaner.
From which the most effective in my opinion is degreaser.
Thank you for your recommendation!  ;D

Being ecologically aware as a cleaning company means to find the right balance between caring for safety of our employees, reducing the negative impact cause on environment and getting the job done to our usual very high standards. With that in mind I will continue the search for best solutions.
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.
Izabela

lesterM

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2009, 02:37:48 pm »
We are now swapping various plastic storage boxes or covers and anything else that can leak happily with wicker baskets that haven't been made out of oill and create local eco friendly work.
Sponsored by landlord   which started 100 odd  years ago  as a basketmaking company.
No Job Too Odd.
Dont Panic - let us do it for you.
Pure dealers since 1746

vacman

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 08:28:18 pm »
I think it's a fine line between saying that yes, we have to protect the planet, but also saying that yes, we have be able to live comfortably too. I've seen many people trying to 'save the planet' by endlessly reusing bags and not using cleaning products etc. but their comfort has suffered for it too.  :-\ I'm not saying we should go mad and start throwing everything away when we feel like it, but i do think it should be kept in perspective.