julie ellis

Re: Cancelled Contract
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 11:15:08 am »
omg...........NO

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 12:11:52 pm »
Hi guys,

That alot of responces. Ive been away camping... well to give you an update.

I went to the offices and spoke to the partner that had arranged the contract.

He thought I'd turned up to do the cleaning, he was unaware that his partner had actually cancelled the contract.

So I explained and I informed him how unprofessional it was done.

There were no other compliants at all about the cleaning and he was entirely happy with the service he said and appoligised for the way it had been dealt with.

We shall see if they give payment to outstanding invoices including one for failing to give 30 days notice. He also aggreed to pay them and said yes we are entitled to 30 days.

So yes we shall see and I do now intend to chase it, next step will be a CCJ and time will be allocated and invoiced for if it involves alot of work.

if it amounts to £750.00 in the end I will work towards an issue of a winding up order.

But lets see what happens!

Dave

cml

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 07:41:46 am »
Albeit £750 is the threshold for issuing a winding up order it not that straight forward meaning you could never see your money at all.

Winding up orders can either force your client to pay you for the fear of loosing their business but get in line as other preferred creditors will be in front of you.  Meaning the Inland Rev, banks, loans, preference share holders if any etc.,  So ensure you know what you are taking on before commencement.  Once you start the ball rolling other creditors will panic and demand monies owed to them.  A winding up order has to be advertise giving other debtors the opportunity to stake a claim for monies owed.  You will find yourself at the bottom of the queue and may or maynot be paid at all.

Maybe the threat of such action may spur them into action!!!!!  But if you've done your research and find that they have enough assets and are just not liquid in cash then your prospects for recovery are good.

safehands

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 10:43:53 am »
I heard a company who was owed around £5000 so as a last resort he dressed in his scruff and sat in their reception with a suitcase and packed lunch, he said he wasn't going to leave without payment.

he talked to people very politely as each came in and told them that "they dont pay their bills you know"

i believe they payed before the end of the day.

Not sure if it was true, but it sounded pretty funny at the time

gordonswindows

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 06:20:46 pm »
All the usual bluster and advice being offered so what can i add

One point regards your cluttered desks .You need to agree a cleaning schedule, they either implement a clean desk policy to allow you to clean the desks or you don't clean the desks.

It is just a matter of defining what is and isn't expected

With regards to the debt only you can decide if the amount is enough for you to bother with or not and

don't forget you can always record it as a "bad debt" on your tax return so you don't really lose out anyway.

Detail as much of the agreed work in writing as possible always always always, never verbally agree

good luck

gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney