martin19842

Re: did i do wrong?
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 07:15:01 pm »
hi there,

you want to see what weve been doing today, patio covered in kitchen grease, and foul aswell.

all sprayed down, double bagged, sprayed again, pressure washed, and sprayed again.

respirators, disposable suits, high grade bags, and chemicals.

the cleaning company that quoted to clean and clear the property, said they wouldnt go anywhere near the property, till the patio area was dealt with.

So off we went charged handsomely, and provided the "professional service" and the knock n work that i will get from that will be worth thousands in the future.

regards

martin

martin19842

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 07:19:52 pm »
Art

it wasnt every day pricing i agree,

it was friday night pricing!!!

they were paying a premium for that.

and ive got another new client out of it aswell.

regards

martin

Jonny jones

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 07:50:14 pm »
hi people
so basicaly im under charging.

but if i asked for £700,  i might as well tell them i dont need the work, 
the thing is its very competative up here and if i did a good job on this (which i did ofcourse) there will be more work on the cards.

but honestly fellas and fellases, how much should i charge becuse floors are my speciallity, but i have 8yrs of ind cleaning under my belt. please give me a ball park figure for the next time, 

thanx jonny

let castle take the hassle

Art

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 08:44:47 pm »
Hi Jonny,

Prices vary from area to area and alot depends on what type of work it is, and there's also more money to be made when you get a good reputation and clients start to refer you.

For me Letting agents cleans £15 and upwards, communal areas and offices £12.50 and upwards, but i'm in the South East and i know for a fact i could get a lot more contracts if i dropped my prices, but i choose not to as i'm happy enough building slowly with contracts that i'll be able to staff and run properly.

Another thing to think about is  there's no point in being a busy fool.

Hope some of that helps

Arthur

J. Deans

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 11:03:48 am »
Well said Art.

If you stick to a general mid-point figure of £15 p/hour - you won't go far wrong.

The trick is not to charge by the hour, but price a job to get at least that much an hour.