neildh

Re: wish me luck - starting my oven cleaning business tomorrow
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 02:03:50 pm »
Hello,
updated profile now, location now entered.
Redundant at the moment and fed up of working for someone else and thought about oven cleaning for some time, franchise not an option,  i think what they offer as a package is quite good but far to expensive plus the ongoing royalty i can't see how anybody would make a decent living from it.
Independents offer training, but that seems expensive for what you get, then i think if it is good why do they offer training in there own business. So can any of you guys give me some pointers that have been doing it for sometime.
There is an independent guy in the area he was ovenclean, but now gone solo, ovenclean have started another operator to take over the area

creweexcel

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 05:26:52 pm »
i too was with a franchise ovenu, went solo and have never looked back. you really need training by local independant oven cleaner.  too many things could go wrong,

neildh

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 05:36:28 pm »
What sort of area do you cover, i live in a rural area 14 miles between two quite large towns just concerned if there would be enough custom, i would imagine you would want to do at least 3 a day

creweexcel

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 08:17:44 am »
i clean 2 a day on average,3 if main ovens. i work 20 miles radias of crewe . like i said before anyone can clean ovens , but taking a part to clean properly you need training

neildh

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2008, 02:44:33 pm »
Yes i think you are right about the training, can you recommend anybody for training?
What system do you think is the best and quickest, i think i would like to go down the non caustic route