dandandan

Full Set Up Required For Spring
« on: December 25, 2013, 11:40:32 am »
Hi everyone,not been on for about three years as i realised jet washing is a seasonal thing so concentrated on my other business after dipping my toe in for two years.Really did well with the washing/sanding and UPVC cleaning but made the mistake of leasing a van for two years which lay on the drive from September till April gathering dust at my expense(never again).Do you still recomend the Honda GSX 390 or are there any better machines available now?Shall I buy from the States again or are there any good deals to be had in the North West,Liverpool/Manchester/Preston.I want to have a good go at it again and am looking to build another van set up with power washer/turbo nozzle/water tank(not wheeley bin again),gutter vac,extendable lance for fascia board cleaning and as a minor add on the cheapest most compact easy to run pure water window cleaning system which will be just a sneaky side line.Not going to bother with sealing again and i am pricing jobs to clean only with sanding an additional extra as sometime I was cleaning a drive and waiting a week or two for the rain to stop before i could sand and get paid.Learnt a shed load when I had a go first time round and I could not have done it without the help of all the guys on this site.Thanks everyone and Happy Christmas.Dan

Blast Away

Re: Full Set Up Required For Spring
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 01:20:16 am »
Liverpool, Manchester & Preston? Maybe your belief in jet washing being a 'seasonal thing' is a contribution to why it's not for us, in Liverpool, Manchester & Preston.  ;D

Biggest myth in pressure washing.

Why is the full set up not required for January? Are you afraid of grabbing the work? Or do you not like working in the cold?

Leave it to us if you like.

APWS

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 01:52:50 pm »
Hi everyone,not been on for about three years as i realised jet washing is a seasonal thing so concentrated on my other business after dipping my toe in for two years.Really did well with the washing/sanding and UPVC cleaning but made the mistake of leasing a van for two years which lay on the drive from September till April gathering dust at my expense(never again).Do you still recomend the Honda GSX 390 or are there any better machines available now?Shall I buy from the States again or are there any good deals to be had in the North West,Liverpool/Manchester/Preston.I want to have a good go at it again and am looking to build another van set up with power washer/turbo nozzle/water tank(not wheeley bin again),gutter vac,extendable lance for fascia board cleaning and as a minor add on the cheapest most compact easy to run pure water window cleaning system which will be just a sneaky side line.Not going to bother with sealing again and i am pricing jobs to clean only with sanding an additional extra as sometime I was cleaning a drive and waiting a week or two for the rain to stop before i could sand and get paid.Learnt a shed load when I had a go first time round and I could not have done it without the help of all the guys on this site.Thanks everyone and Happy Christmas.Dan

what is it with this 'seasonal thing' I gave my self a week & 1/2 off for Christmas, start back on jan 2nd (cleaning a driveway) then week commencing 6th jan got three drives & one conny clean booked in, as lee says it's a myth.
!! if it can get dirty it can get clean !!

Matt Gibson

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 09:26:51 am »
Seasonal? I'm working tomorrow morning in Glasgow!  ;D

Roger Oakley

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 09:30:01 am »
Long may the "Myth" continue  ;)

Blast Away

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 06:59:03 pm »

Roger Oakley

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 08:01:14 pm »

Blast Away

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 09:35:18 pm »
You're losing track of the yoof Roger.

Word, as in I agree. I concur.

"Man, she's got some fine titties!"
"Word."

;D ;D ;D

Roger Oakley

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 10:54:58 pm »
You're losing track of the yoof Roger.

Word, as in I agree. I concur.

"Man, she's got some fine titties!"
"Word."

;D ;D ;D

I'll have to get down with the kids on the street to keep up.
But get it now, "Word" cool I'll bring it into a conversation at some point  ;D

BDCS

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 11:52:07 pm »
Roger, don't bother as its cool to wear your jeans round your knees and use a washing machine drum for an exhaust. I never understood it either so maybe its uncool to be old   ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 09:14:18 am »
But domestic P/W is seasonal!!

unless I live in a bubble from the rest of the uk I see a slow down in work during the winter months, this is with the same amount of advertising as the rest of the year.

I'm not saying thier is not work out there but it slows down due to the season, so it is .....'Seasonal'

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

johnny bravo

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 11:24:49 am »
you tell em ;D        residential customers quieten down in winter months.       if you can get contracting work for companys you work when they ask you to,         if you are lucky to.
mike dont you do local authority work,      council etc.              more work now with council workers getting laid off.

Blast Away

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 01:35:21 pm »
We've always had domestics round Autumn and Winter.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 02:38:25 pm »
We only do domestic's and work all year round, depends how you sell your services really.
Part of the secret is getting the work booked in before the winter comes, instead of waiting for it.
And please don't ask how we do it as it took years to work out how to do this, just try a few different ways of selling your services.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 02:46:43 pm »
Roger, don't bother as its cool to wear your jeans round your knees and use a washing machine drum for an exhaust. I never understood it either so maybe its uncool to be old   ;D

I get some of the lingo, just the odd phrase every now & again I don't get.
I'll just ask my street wise friend Lee in the future if I need help.

Here's another modern one for you, "Rock-on" now how up to date is that Carl? Kool or what!!! ;D

BDCS

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 05:50:06 pm »

Roger Oakley

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 09:29:50 am »
Rock on - Tommy ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTE627-yk1A
No not Cannon & Ball, that new singer oh what's his name? I know David Essex.
He'll go far that boy.

drive surgeon

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 06:08:33 pm »
Lol

dandandan

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 08:37:26 pm »
Just going off my own experience.Loads of work in the Summer but phone stopped ringing after September then started again in April.Everyone can`t be the same and obviously you have built up a big customer network.I don`t think I would chance spraying water on an icy day so your right  i will leave it you.You will be spraying ice cubes in Glasgow mate,get a grip.ha ha.

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 08:50:40 pm »
Just going off my own experience.Loads of work in the Summer but phone stopped ringing after September then started again in April.Everyone can`t be the same and obviously you have built up a big customer network.I don`t think I would chance spraying water on an icy day so your right  i will leave it you.You will be spraying ice cubes in Glasgow mate,get a grip.ha ha.

Dan I have a machine for sale and I'm based in St. Helens which I'm guessing is near you! Open to sensible offers mate

Griffus

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 09:28:12 pm »
What is cold?  :o

Like Miami this year!  8)

Matt Gibson

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 11:18:22 am »

Nah, Hot water machine.. turn the temp up a little, nice and warm on the hands.. Carry a few bags of grit to put down after the jobs done. Get a grip? ill get a few nice holidays, and keep my icecubes for my cold alcoholic beverages by the pool thanks  ;D

drive surgeon

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 06:11:35 pm »
Lol we use a big tank of anti freeze to do jobs in winter  ;D

dandandan

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 06:42:51 pm »
ha ha,soz been off for a while.Nice one Matt.Good luck mate.us soft scousers don`t do cold.Honestly though I thought i had it made when i started up in the Spring,but had to keep checking my phone wasn`t on silent in September,two years on the run this happened.Bought all my gear off Merril Fox in the USA.He was a big help.Had a Honda/wheeley bin set up and turbo nozzle.Got rid of the FSCleaner,waste of time as I always went back over job with the turbo nozzle anyway and it just clogged the van up.I remember Roger Oakley had some big truck set ups and whatever happened to Mark Laycock?Going back now. ;D

Roger Oakley

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 08:52:09 pm »
ha ha,soz been off for a while.Nice one Matt.Good luck mate.us soft scousers don`t do cold.Honestly though I thought i had it made when i started up in the Spring,but had to keep checking my phone wasn`t on silent in September,two years on the run this happened.Bought all my gear off Merril Fox in the USA.He was a big help.Had a Honda/wheeley bin set up and turbo nozzle.Got rid of the FSCleaner,waste of time as I always went back over job with the turbo nozzle anyway and it just clogged the van up.I remember Roger Oakley had some big truck set ups and whatever happened to Mark Laycock?Going back now. ;D

Robert McLean bought the H&M machine and I sold the trailer as a stand alone item, narrowed our services down to certain areas of cleaning which works for us. The H&M trailer set-up was a great bit of kit, but a pain to move around London, parking etc. Mark still comes on here sometimes.