Matt Gibson

Re: Copyright
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 10:02:46 am »
https://support.google.com/legal/troubleshooter/1114905?rd=2 looks pretty straight forward. Not sure they will actually do it though. I wonder what they look at when deciding, and i wonder how many of these they get a wekk.  :o

Roger Oakley

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 10:37:47 am »
Matt

Another thing you can do to back-up your case is check here http://archive.org/web
You can check when you had the text on your site and when he started using it, with-in a certain time though. But what it will prove is you had the text first and is yours (copyright) so proof that it has been copied.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 02:32:48 pm »
Matt

Another thing you can do to back-up your case is check here http://archive.org/web
You can check when you had the text on your site and when he started using it, with-in a certain time though. But what it will prove is you had the text first and is yours (copyright) so proof that it has been copied.

Thats a really handy website Roger, thanks mate.

Roland S

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 02:46:31 pm »

I emailed him already. What i meant was, if he didnt remove it or change it, not sure who i would get in touch with if i wanted to take it further.

email abuse@names.co.uk which is where his site is hosted and explain the copyright infringement and that he's ignoring your emails and that you want the content removed. it'll be fone within 48 hours. if it's not send a formal cease and desist to the same email address.

abuse@names.co.uk ? where did you find that? or is that an example?

[/quote]

that's the company that hosts his website, they have an obligation to remove copyright infringing content.

Mr B

Re: Copyright New
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 02:20:11 pm »
A word of warning...

Happened to us recently, images and text nicked from our various sites. We sent a strong email advising them to remove within 24 hours, and have since been receiving lots of malicious reviews and problems since.

The 'company' in question is called Jet Busters and they are based in Rainham. - Been going for around 5 weeks now (according to ltd company setup).  Person in charge is called Jeff Powelll but hides behind his girlfriend who always answers his calls.

We have since received false google reviews from someone called 'Reg Herte' who funnily shares the same postcode as the company (google the name and postcode) as well as other public website forums I use being bombarded with false accusations of us doing bad jobs, being a cowboy and basically being a company to avoid.

I've since managed to get 99% of the rubbish removed from these sites, as it was pretty obvious to see what was happening, but has still caused me a lot of aggro none-the-less. I've also been in contact with his local Trading Standards and passed on all the evidence I have, so hopefully will hear something from that.

Personally, I don't think this guy and his 'company' will last 5 minutes in the job, as firstly nicking people's images really isn't the way forward, secondly, his website is laughably poor, and thirdly, he really doesn't seem to have the first clue about pressure washing (in one post he claims 12l/m is ample for commercial pressure washing!  ::)roll but claims to be an 'expert'.

Anyway, just wanted to give you all a 'heads up' on here, there seems to be a lot of low life gypos out there happy to use other people's hard workas their own, and worse still, leave false and libellous reviews when caught out to try and look innocent.....

It's a scary world out there!