Kenny83

Re: new machine
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 06:06:48 pm »
sounds like you have a K5 unloader, as opposed to a trapped pressure unloader, K5's are better as they dont put any jerking or stress onto the shaft and keyway... also you have a low rev cut out pressure switch, reduces revs whe n trigger is depressed, which will explain the switch that was on your pump the other day, sounds like a very good set up mate
Just had a closer look, doesnt look like a K5... looks like a VB9
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Matt Gibson

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 06:27:04 pm »
Hi mate, yeah its got a boiler attached just out of the picture to the left.

The unloader you can see with the flow switch attached is the second unloader. The main unloader is kind of bottom right of the pic, you can see the brass of it. Which one are you talking about being a VB9?  The main one?

So that switch is worth it then? Is that the reason why the pressure isnt instant or is it caused by a combination of the switch on the pump and the unloader?

Matt Gibson

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 06:29:32 pm »
Just had a look at the reciept and it is a vb9. Is this not a trapped pressure unloader?

And I just had a thought, before I changed the unloader, it was running like my other machine, with instant pressure. Then I put the new unloader on, and now it takes a second to build up the pressure. Would the unloader have made that much of a difference?

Its like starting all over again!! I know my other machine inside out. This machine is so different.

Kenny83

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 07:07:52 pm »
A VB9 is a trapped pressure unloader mate, so should be instant, although you have the pressure switch which will kick in when pressure drops and that will make your engine rev up to full pressure which is a good thing, so when the trigger is depressed the engine idles saving fuel, if it works fine and gets up to full pressure i would worry about it mate
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Matt Gibson

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 07:27:21 pm »
Yeah, everything seems to work ok. Good constant pressure etc. I just like to know why everything does what it does, and how it all works so if I have a problem with it, I can sort it myself. I know everything about my other machine.