CMS

Re: tender for h/association
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 08:09:05 pm »
Yes, do that. Hope your Mum's OK.

garyj

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 09:37:35 pm »
Lisa, I hope your mother is getting better.

With all due respect though the people who employ you to do a job don't actually care about your private life.

Hard but true.

The last thing a lot of companies want to worry about is the cleaning. Thats why they employ a contractor to do it for them, we take all the hassle that goes with it, and thats why on the whole we can charge a half decent rate for doing so.

My dad died 2 years ago ( on a Saturday ), I still went into a company to check everything was going OK ( a big initial clean-up for a new contract ) the next day. I never told anyone there what was going on in my personnal life, because its not their business and no-one would give a damn either, its just not professional. Work and home are two seperate lives, you have to keep it that way.

CMS to me comes across as a sincere honest bloke who does more than his fair share of helping others beyond what we expect from a forum, I've been in this business 6 years and learn things from him that  he has posted. I've said this before, but if he would have offered me the chances he has offered you when I started out I would have bitten his hand off. To not even get a reply to the offer, is ignorant in the extreme.

Life is hard, being in business is harder.
Employment is the easy option, days off with the 'flu', cold, sniffles, headache, kids ill, hangover or what ever. Being your own boss is a responsibility to your clients , your staff and to yourself.

Go ahead all, bite my head off.

lisa123

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 09:40:32 pm »
sorry everyone, maybe i was a bit hot under the collar. I have calmed down now.
Was having a tough time with mums sudden illness, shes on meds now so is doing better thanks.
The housing association still haven't returned my call as to if i'm allowed to quote or not, so this has all been a bit pointless. I did have a sneaky peak at one of the properties, but thought it best not to send a quote as i hadn't had permission. At least i'll know what to do for next time.
Never the less, I have learned a lot from everyone, especially Karl, who is worth his weight in gold!  :-*

Gary, he did get a reply, in an email if you ask. I see what you are saying though. At (only just) 28 i've still got a lot to learn obviously.

garyj

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2006, 09:51:55 pm »
Lisa, believe it or not, I'm not much older than you. Sorry for an inaccuracy or two, but on the whole..................???

Glad to hear your mums on the mend.

At least give me a bit of stick  ;)

lisa123

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 11:08:35 am »
you up for a bit of banter gary?  ;) ;)