bluesky1

Business Partner Required Birmingham
« on: December 27, 2005, 10:24:06 pm »
I have recently joined a domestic cleaning franchise covering several high profile Birmingham postcodes.
I have spent the last 4 months getting it off the ground and have started trading within the last 6 weeks.During this time I have generated 5 customers,who all have weekly cleans and are on 3 month rolling contracts generating 2500 per annum.I am seeking a business partner who can help be grow the business either new or experienced.The franchisor is the largest in the UK with over 12,000 customers established 15 years with a proven formula.I have several affluent postcode areas covering
a large number of luxury apartments,with currently over 3000 more under construction.So the potential to grow the business is vast.
I am also working on a new approach to  growing the business, that does not currently appear to be done by any competitors in the UK.If this can be established which i am convinced it can,then the skys the limit.One of the established franchisees,turns over approx half a million per annum.Birmingham has more potential then that particular area.
I need sombody to be actively involved in either minor or major capacity,with some financial input negotiable.All customer appointments are booked at head office call centre,they also telephone interview all cleaner enquiries,these are then passed to me for interview.

This business opportunity has tremendous potential with excellent profit margins.I am keen to hear from serious,dedicated people who can help me to get things motoring.Please email first instance
selclenebham@btinternet.com or reply on the forum

regards

Re: Business Partner Required Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 12:50:41 pm »
bluesky1,

I wanted to post couple of jokes in this post about “generated customers” ;D, "sky is the limit" ;D and “franchisor’s proven formula” ;D, but changed my mind. 

I think you are struggling to get back your money, which has been paid for franchise and it is not funny.

Good luck too you, bluesky1

*Chris Browne

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 02:21:54 pm »
Hi bluesky1!

You couldnt tell me which franchise it is could you?
many thanks

Chris

www.scsf.co.uk

Simon H

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 03:10:19 pm »
Chris

Have a look at the e mail address given in the post

I think you will find it is Selclene

Regards

Simon
Some days it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps.

Phoenix

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 03:12:50 pm »
I agree with AJ.  We are Cannock based and this MIGHT BE an opening for us!!!!!!, BUT and it is a BIG BUT, who is the franchise, what sort of money are you asking a potential partner to put in?????  I would want to see your business plan first.

If you do not want to post the informaion in this forum, contact me through graham@phoenixdrivers.co.uk.

*Chris Browne

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 04:17:03 pm »
Chris

Have a look at the e mail address given in the post

I think you will find it is Selclene

Regards

Simon

yep

missed that one, i do know selclene have been around for nearly 20 years odd, but thats all i know,..... there reputatiopn is something i know nothing about.

chris

www.scsf.co.uk

Simon H

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 04:38:53 pm »
Hi Chris

Reputation aside can franchise fees be warranted in a very competative market??
Is it not difficult enough to make a living without giving a goodly portion of it away on a monthly basis?

Best regards

Simon

*Chris Browne

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 04:50:59 pm »
Hi Simon

Although i agree with you, and it is something i would never in a million years take part in, it must work for some ( you dont hear to much on this forum about franchise's being two sucsessful to be honest!) or surely the whole concept of a franchise would never have survived this long.

Chris

www.scsf.co.uk

Simon H

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 05:01:27 pm »
Hi Chris

I think success is relative to what peoples ambitions are

As for the franchises I think they play on peoples gullibility they are not interested in the success of the individual but in the success of their organisation the two most definately do not go hand in hand where one franchisee fails there are probably a hat full waiting with their hard earned money to step in

Why do people still do it ?? I dont know but then people are still getting turned over with Time Share!!

There I feel better for that

Best regards

Simon

*Chris Browne

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 05:07:29 pm »
That was to be my next line............"why do people do it?", maybe its the old back up theory that there is always someone to help out..........mmmmmmmmm
maybe someone will tell us.

chris

www.scsf.co.uk

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 06:40:25 pm »
Let me just say that not all franchises are bad.  Some of them sell a right to use some kind of a new technology or knowledge of how to do something or let you to be a part of something big (part of a big business) and benefit from it.

However, I do think that people who buy domestic or similar cleaning franchise have no knowledge of what they are going to do and they have very little or have not got any understanding of the cleaning industry.  I would even doubt if they have ever run their own business, other ways they would not pay a penny for such “business idea”. 

I do not think banks lend for such “business idea”, so if franchise buyers use their own savings or inheritance, to pay for such “business idea”, in the end of the day if there is a loss it is not a tragedy (it is sad, but…).  We could be witnessing a sad story if in order to raise money to pay for such “business idea” a house was remortgaged, but business did not “fly high” …

My advice is for people who consider buying any franchise: before giving any money away go to see your local Business Link and ask them what other options are available for you.

Good luck,

Arthur.

Phoenix

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 08:41:44 am »
Has'nt this subject stirred people up!!!!!! 

In my businesses I turn over £2m a year. 

I certainly would not go into this sort of thing blind.

Some people do make a good living from franchise work, however, in the cleaning industry I,m not sure

bluesky1

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 01:22:36 am »
 most appear to be anti franchise from the replys,firstly i would point out that the information I have given is correct,secondly I am not trying to recover any money.i have been incredidbly honest in the information given.If you look into statistics of the Uk franchise industry as a a whole it has a fantastic record,in terms of the amount of people it employs and it continues,to be incredibly well supported by all the major banks who most have franchise sections.
I am seeking a business partner not because the equation does not work but simply because,I require assistance to grow the business.A franchise that is established over 15 years,with over 12,000 customers I believe speaks for itself.Regarding the quote about the skys the limit,this is an area that has not been exploited in terms of a different approach to obtaining customers from a new source.
regards

CMS

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 09:10:22 am »
most appear to be anti franchise from the replys,firstly i would point out that the information I have given is correct,secondly I am not trying to recover any money.i have been incredidbly honest in the information given.If you look into statistics of the Uk franchise industry

written by the UK Franchise Industry

as a a whole it has a fantastic record,in terms of the amount of people it employs and it continues,to be incredibly well supported by all the major banks who most have franchise sections.
I am seeking a business partner not because the equation does not work but simply because,I require assistance to grow the business. (doesn't the franchisor help with that?) A franchise that is established over 15 years,with over 12,000 customers I believe speaks for itself.Regarding the quote about the skys the limit,this is an area that has not been exploited in terms of a different approach to obtaining customers from a new source.
regards

I am very against cleaning franchises and I can speak from experience; not as a franchisee but as an ex Director of a Cleaning Franchisor.

Believe you me, most of them only have their own interests at heart and don't care what crap they sell you.

If anyone is considering a cleaning franchise I would give them this advice.

1) Forget their own claims in their own literature - they wrote it. It will certainly show them in a good light.

2) Forget talking to other franchisees that they nominate. They will have been especially selected for you and will have special deals to make their business look good.

3) Ask for a full list of their franchisees and permission to speak to any that you choose. If this is denied, form your own opinions.

4) Find out how many of the Directors are from a cleaning background BEFORE they started the franchise company.

5) Find out what options are open to you if their claims don't hold water.

Good luck but having been on the other side of the fence I would advise against it.

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 12:33:52 pm »
most appear to be anti franchise from the replys..

Bluesky 1,

Most members of this forum have been working in the cleaning industry for years (CMS has been doing it for over 20 years) and nobody here has ever said that cleaning franchise is a good investment. 

It worth to take a look at some of the topics on this forum posted by people who bought an “oven cleaning franchise”, some of them had gone to a court to sew their franchisors. 

..If you look into statistics of the Uk franchise industry as a a whole it has a fantastic record,in terms of the amount of people it employs and it continues,to be incredibly well supported by all the major banks who most have franchise sections...
A franchise that is established over 15 years,with over 12,000 customers I believe speaks for itself...

I am afraid, the statistic, which you are referring to, just does not “speak for itself”.  A credible statistic has to be independent, it should cover success and failure stories of franchise businesses. 

...Regarding the quote about the skys the limit,this is an area that has not been exploited in terms of a different approach to obtaining customers from a new source.

In your old posts, you asked questions related to leaflet distribution and respond rate you could expect, so I presume that you have no (or very little) experience in domestic cleaning business.   

Let me suggest you to see an adviser, at The Business Link, who would be able to discuss with you “an area that has not been exploited in terms of a different approach to obtaining customers from a new source”.  The Business Link would certainly help you to convert a credible business idea into a business plan, which could be shown to any potential investor (bank or potential business partner).

I understand, from your last post, that you are not trouble, which is good.

Good luck to you,

Arthur

P.S. To people, who consider purchasing a cleaning franchise, I would suggest visiting: www.point2point-cleaning.co.uk http://www.cleanuptheprofits.com or get an advice from their local Business Link

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2005, 01:03:18 pm »
I am a little puzzled why helpis needed at this early stage.

With Five Customers generated in six weeks, I would have thought it better to work the system for a bit longer.

I actually think Selclenes postcards are good.

I do not know how much they cost, but obviously need to be letterboxed in bulk.

Generate some more customers, before you consider working with a complete stranger as a partner.

bluesky1

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 01:24:08 pm »
Thankyou all for the replies,from most of the response i have had it would almost appear that I am trying to sell a franchise.All I am seeking is a partner to help grow the business with me,I am operating only part time, I am also fully employed.With some other assistance it will enable more rapid growth.
I spent a lot of time researching various franchise opportunities before i chose this one.Reasons for this were that I found the company to be entirely honest and ethical,they have been established 15 years and i was allowed to pick and speak to any franchisee I chose.Regarding seeing a business link advisor,that was done several months ago,the business plan is in place.
My original posting was to attract interest from  for example a commercial company that may wish to explore the domestic market,or develop in a new area.Alternatively it could be somebody who may have been thinking of setting up a cleaning business,but did not know how to go about it.
As per my previous posting,everything is in place but two heads are better then one.
Although its a franchise with head office support,I still require local hands on approach. 
Regards

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 02:28:30 pm »
...from most of the response i have had it would almost appear that I am trying to sell a franchise.

It does look like you are trying to sell your franchise,
...I need sombody to be actively involved in either minor or major capacity,with some financial input...
because you are looking for a partner who would be able to invest some money in to your business, what it means is that you would like to sell at list part of your franchised business.

The problem is that nobody here considers a cleaning franchise as a good investment.  The other thing is that your business is so new that, I am afraid, it has no value.  In this topic members of this forum have been discussing value of cleaning businesses. 

Regards,

Arthur  

bluesky1

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 03:03:22 pm »
If somebody were looking to join a franchise,then they would have to pay a franchise fee.What I am proposing is that I am offering the opportunity to join a new start company, that is allready set up,allbeit relatively new.The financial aspect I propose is small,I am more interested in finding the right person who can assist in growing the business.However if the opportunity came totally free,that requires no commitment,as I said earlier the financial input is negotiable.I would not agree that nobody is interested in franchises on this forum, as I have already had three enquiries.   

Phoenix

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2005, 03:19:33 pm »
BLUESKY1, Please read my e-mail