TomCrowther

pressure washer hotbox
« on: December 04, 2011, 09:40:34 pm »
Hi Guys, I have a 13hp Honda pressure washer and wondered what Hotbox I could get for it to produce steam/hot water and where to get one. I have seen one or two for around the £2800 but then you also need to take a generator along to start the thing.

Rob_Mac

Re: pressure washer hotbox
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 10:01:38 pm »
Tom

I don't know what make mine is but it cost about £750.00 and the generator is a small suitcase one. You can pick the gennys up at machine Mart for about £80.00.

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 10:05:52 pm »
If you want to connect one to your current machine you need one like in the following link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOT-BOX-240-WATER-BOILER-15LTRS-MIN-PRESSURE-WASHER-/180518854096#ht_1045wt_1163

A generator or inverter is needed to power the switch, fan and fuel pump. They are generally built up so you put the fuel intake pipe and return into a a drum of diesel/kerosene. Or some come built in with a tank.

Second hand one's come up on ebay now and then, I've just snapped up a 21 litre burner for only £300, mint condition built on a trolley frame with fuel tank. The guy I bought it from has just packed in pressure washing and moved to the Isle of White.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 10:10:39 pm »
Hey Lee

You should be working in Barnsley, stop slacking and get on with it. ;D ??? ;D

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 10:18:39 pm »
Hey Lee

You should be working in Barnsley, stop slacking and get on with it. ;D ??? ;D

Rob ;D

Setting off at 12 bells mate. Tried getting 3 hours sleep before, got in bed ended up watching 2 episodes of Grimefighters, couldn't sleep so come back on the net!  ;D ;D ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 10:21:04 pm »
You've got Barnsley tonight. I've been forced to go to the Dominican Republic tomorrow night. Lifes sh*t sometimes eh!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 10:23:37 pm »
You've got Barnsley tonight. I've been forced to go to the Dominican Republic tomorrow night. Lifes sh*t sometimes eh!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Rob ;D

Don't forget Doncaster mate  ;)

Alright for some aint it. Have a goog 'un!  

Rob_Mac

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 10:26:00 pm »
Finished now till end of january.

Have you got any work in January for a suntanned fat bloke from Stoke on Trent!!!

Rob ;D

Blast Away

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 10:31:49 pm »
Finished now till end of january.

Have you got any work in January for a suntanned fat bloke from Stoke on Trent!!!

Rob ;D

What you like at standing on a cat ladder to remove paint off slate

Earning so much you can shut shop for a month or so?

BDCS

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 10:34:22 pm »
I've got a 15ltr Lavor hot box on a proper trolley, cover, tank and all the control gear mounted on a panel. Its in proper good nick with QR in and out. I now need a 21 ltr one. Open to a good offer but I won't be giving it away  ::)

Finished til Jan ? I've got work booked in every day til the 24th inc Sats & Suns. 24th is always busy as I have the visits from the 3 ghosts. Up at 5 to do a drain survey at Farnham railway station tomorrow

Blast Away

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 10:37:15 pm »
I've got a 15ltr Lavor hot box on a proper trolley, cover, tank and all the control gear mounted on a panel. Its in proper good nick with QR in and out. I now need a 21 ltr one. Open to a good offer but I won't be giving it away  ::)

Finished til Jan ? I've got work booked in every day til the 24th inc Sats & Suns. 24th is always busy as I have the visits from the 3 ghosts. Up at 5 to do a drain survey at Farnham railway station tomorrow

Farnham mate, you could have had this and picked it up if you had seen and beat me to it...  ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320791309155?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Rob_Mac

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 10:40:01 pm »
Wont be any good on a ladder - scared of heights ;D ;D ;D

Have had a phenomenal year, sales have gone through the roof and gross is up massively. I know because my accountant has told me tonight. It's all bol**x to me!!!

Got a meeting in Birmingham tomorrow morning - has the potential to be a life changer!!!

We have never done anything from the second week of December - the supermarkets busiest period. Don't really get a choice on it and to be honest, so knackered I need a break.

Got a project being developed for the winter next year ;)

Have a good night.

Cheers

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 10:43:05 pm »
Carl

As said I don't have a choice about it but when I get back off holiday i can have a holiday to get over it ;D ;D

Work to live ;D ;D ;D

Rob ;D

BDCS

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 11:19:10 pm »

I did look at that, I am using the 15 ltr one with a 45 nozzle for the moment. I need to dung the container out and sell some kit before I buy anything else. I've got two enduro bikes to sell before I can get a new one, the hot box, A 13 hp Honda petrol, a diesel Robin PW, a 5hp CG washer and a couple of 18hp kohler drain jetters ( ones a new engine with a lpg conversion ) to get rid of.
I've just replaced the van with a new shape transit and transferred the jetter but need to shelve it out before I scrap the old van and its donor mate. I've got work coming out of my ears and I get confused between Farnham and Farnborough - Good job the sat nav knows better.
Anybody want a bouncy castle company ?

Farnham mate, you could have had this and picked it up if you had seen and beat me to it...  ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320791309155?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

TomCrowther

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 08:57:25 am »
Cheers Rob/Lee
Thanks for the advice, I will take a look at the one with Qwashers. Certainly looks better price wise. I have a Honda generator 6.5kva already but as sometimes happens when your starting out, you don't always buy the right thing. The Honda is great but more than I need and v heavy too.
Any chance I could have a peek as to how you guys have set up your vans? I currently do window cleaning, guttering and pressure washing {mainly drives/paths so far}. I am looking to focus more on the exterior cleaning side of things and want to get the right set up if poss.

mike roberts

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 09:27:50 am »
keep gen always use it for Gutter Vac as well... also use it for pwr wet vacuuming when drainage is poor ;D ;D suitcase gen will be no good for that.  ;D

Matt Gibson

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 10:26:21 am »
I have seen a few ''spares or repair'' electric p/w machines on ebay, with built in boilers, like the hot water karchers going pretty cheap...

Could always buy one of those and just take the boiler out of it. You might need to make up some fuel hoses etc but it would be a cheap option if you were prepared to put in a bit of time..

TomCrowther

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 03:22:55 pm »
Yes, i used the gen for exactly that purpose on a drive last weekend Mike. V useful but would be easier if I was built like Arnie :-) I really should fix some wheels and handles to it and make my life a bit easier.

mike roberts

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 03:27:52 pm »
funny isnt it ... we have sim size gen popped it onto an old newspaper trolly my son had ;D... fits like a glove lightweight works a dream use it all day yesterday whilst vacuuming sooo much easier  ;D ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 03:33:57 pm »
Tom

Where are you. I have a Karcher 745 that is knackered, blowing out a lot of smoke and soot.

If you want to fiddle a bit and are prepared to take the lot away you can have it.

Rob ;D

david washbrook

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 04:43:39 pm »
Rob if Tom doesn't want it I will have it and will collect when we meet up to do the other thing

Hope you have a great holiday and the meeting went well today

Talk to you soon

Rob_Mac

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 04:46:13 pm »
Dave

;) ;)

If he doesn't want it it is yours. Speak to you when I get back

Cheers

Rob ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 05:01:36 pm »
have a good time Rob we went the end of october it was great  ;D
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

TomCrowther

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 05:32:36 pm »
Hi Rob, that's very kind of you to offer. I am based in Sale {South manchester}. Where are you?

Blast Away

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 08:22:49 pm »
Sale? I take it back. Don't buy a hotbox, Hahaha.