Fieldsy

Hi To Everyone, Equipment advice.
« on: December 11, 2008, 04:31:36 pm »
Firstly, Hi from a newbie, what a fantastic forum. Up until now, I've only been managing to view archives through google until my registration was accepted, and now here I am.
I worked as a printer for 20 years for a bunch of *****, who knew less about the job than me, but thought they knew more!!!.
  I was on permanent night shift, which was no good to man or beast, and I decided to jack it all in. I was on £400 week for terrible conditions and unsociable hours.

I honestly think I can better this, with some hard graft and common sense and would like to take up the challenge of window cleaning and at last being my own boss.

Firstly, I'd like to ask is £400 a week feasible in the trade, as that is what I've been used to and anymore would be a bonus.

I've read most of the start up forums, and come up with this as a strating pack.
Would/could you advise please.

Unger Scraper
Unger Pro Handle
12" Channel
18" Channel
14" Applicator Bar
Unger Microstrip Washer Sleeve
20 litre Bucket with lid
Quick release belt
Bucket on a belt
Waterproof Pouch
Scrims

I can get all of this close to £120.00 from cleantech or facelift window cleaning direct, which I didn't think was bad. Is there anything you would advise or against in that little bundle.

I would also like advice on rubbers if poss please.

Ladder, I would like some advice on please and a pole ??

Thanks for any input, its much appreciated. I have business cards and flyers ready and can't wait to start a new venture. I know its not going to happen overnight, but I'm excited none the less.

thanks again

Fieldsy
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol