lupchiancristi

Office Cleaning Price
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:07:07 am »
Hello everybody,
I am new to this forum and I would like an advice.
How much I should charge for an office cleaning.
The office is mostly open space.One office is about 350 square foot another one is about 250 square foot.
A small kitchen and three bathrooms, Stairs, a hallway of 60 foot length by 4. It also has a canteen with a kitchen,table area and two bathrooms.
He wants me to go daily(mo-fr). Daily they want all the bathrooms done, kitchen,canteen, bin changed and other things like hoovered , dusting, doors, stairs, downstairs windows, hallways etc done by rotation.

Could anyone give me an advice roughly how much I should charge for this job ?
Thank You very much !
Cristi Lupchian
www.justcleaning.eu
sales@justcleaning.eu
No. 1 for all your cleaning needs !

Drewheald

Re: Office Cleaning Price
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:36:44 am »
Hi

I don't bother with the room sizes.

If you have experience in cleaning you should be able to estimate how long it will take you to clean it yourself.

But as a rule of thumb, the smallest job is 1 hour per day, so really without seeing the unit myself I would be looking at minimum 7.5 hrs to 10 hrs per week.

Drew

lupchiancristi

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 11:02:27 am »
First of all thank you for the quick answer.i think i might be in the wrong section.i am a newbie and i dont know prices,i will do it myself but there is no way of doing everything he wants daily in just one hour.I would want to know how much i shoul charge for all week not hourly rate.
Thank you !
Cristi Lupchian
www.justcleaning.eu
sales@justcleaning.eu

Norbert

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 12:10:20 pm »
Hi lupchiancristi,

In my experience of cleaning many different places from (hospital floors and wards to housing association entrances and stair wells, to offices and small factory units), you really need to base your cleaning on an hourly rate as Drew says.

Looking at your outline of the property, I would guestimate it will take you at least two hours a night to clean the office and bathroom/toilets plus the rest of the items in your posting, using a rota system, cleaning windows once a week and other items another night. I would vac all floors every night and dust desks if on the list every day.

I would recommend before you take the job on you draw up a through cleaning schedule/ rota with the help of the customer, regards what they want cleaning, what time of the day they want their cleaning done, and who will be responsible for providing the equipment and chemicals to clean the premises.

Will you be a key holder for the premises? And go in to clean when the place is empty, which can make cleaning quicker. Or will you be expected to clean in the day when staff are working there, which in my experience will take longer to clean.

I clean in both situations and personally prefer to clean in the evening when no one is present, although you still have to be just as through in your cleaning, as staff will pick-up missed bits of cleaning in the day and leave sometimes sarcastic little notes!

Hope this helps. If you need any more advice, please feel free to email me. Private email address in my profile.

Regards Phil 

lupchiancristi

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 08:48:26 am »
Thank you very much for the valuable advices.
And how much would per hour for a job like that.i usually do house cleaning and carpet cleaning and i charge per job.
Thank you !
Cristi Lupchian
www.justcleaning.eu
sales@justcleaning.eu

Norbert

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 12:21:07 pm »
Hi Lupchiancristi,

Your hourly rate for a commercial contract like the one you have been asked to quote for must include Public liability insurance and include any possible damage to items and equipment in the offices you are cleaning.

You also have to factor in your travel costs to the job, NI contributions and income tax.

If you have been asked to supply all cleaning chemicals, polish or multi-surface cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, glass cleaner, small desk waste bin bags and large waste bin bags. Make it clear to the customer you will invoice the company separately for these consumables, as the cost can easily reduce your profit margin.

Do make sure the company has its own wheelie bins for the waste to go in you do not want to be responsible for removing the waste as it will cost you a lot of money and trouble.

In the end you are the best placed person to know exactly what you need to earn per hour to make the job viable to you?
You know how much an hour you charge for your house cleaning and carpet cleaning, so I would base you're commercial contract on the same hourly rate, assuming you can make a profit on that rate.

Regards Phil

Drewheald

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 12:36:02 pm »
Hi

go to cleanquote.co.uk

download the free demo app, it will give you a full costings and price

if you need any help call me on 07833051961

lupchiancristi

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 01:34:14 pm »
Thanks Phil,
Very helpful...a lot of good information in your posts, I am a beginner and i don't think in details all the time...probably that's why sometimes I am not happy about my results. Thank again !!!

Thank Drew, I downloaded the app now...I will check it out. Thanks..I will get in touch if I need any more help...
Great forum by the way
Cristi Lupchian
www.justcleaning.eu
sales@justcleaning.eu

Drewheald

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 01:50:12 pm »
the app is just a demo, but it will give you a full pricing breakdown,

simply put in number of cleaners (1)
hours per clean (2)
days per week  (5)

then you will get the costings and pricing, obviously the pricing is current in Leeds but maybe not for where you are, so you may need to consider this.

Drew

Norbert

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 07:11:58 pm »
Hi lupchiancristi,

Thanks for your replies. I think using the app from Drew will be of great help to you in correctly costing your commercial contract work. I understand from your profile your are in Ireland.

I know over here in England the commercial contract cleaning business is a very competitive/cutthroat market, with cleaning companies trying to undercut other companies all the time, trying to win new contracts. My advice is take care and don't get drawn into a price cutting war with other cleaning firms.

Do a through job, stick to your own fully prepared and written cleaning specification, know all your costs involved in running each contract; possibly using Drew's application and don't get drawn into under-pricing your self for your hard work.

Do give Drew a call and great some good advice and do email me if you need anything in future.

Good luck Phil

Pawel

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 10:34:53 am »

hours per clean (2)
days per week  (5)

then you will get the costings and pricing, obviously the pricing is current in Leeds but maybe not for where you are, so you may need to consider this.

Drew

I tried this app and first impression it is very simple when you quoting but actually the PDF quote is quite good and detailed (I am not sure if customer need that detailed breakdown of costing - such as holiday payment for staff etc; I don't think they interested in that)... Good for contract cleaning especially office cleaning

I wish you have got one ready and running for domestic cleaning then I would try it. I know the idea of having it running on mobiles, tablets is to enable to quote once on site but it would also be very handy to have it running on the desktop in the office and use to quote on the phone as most quotes for residential cleaning is still given instantly on the phone.

Not a bad app thought and I am sure it will develop further! ;-)

Pawel Zaporowski
FirstMaid Ltd
www.firstmaid.co.uk
Pawel Zaporowski
FirstMaid Cleaners
tel. 01613271747
hello@firstmaid.co.uk
https://www.firstmaid.co.uk/

lupchiancristi

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 09:53:32 pm »
Thanks again !
I was busy lately and didn't check the forum.
The app is very good and especially for the details sent with the quote...Very good for a newbie like me.
Thank You again for all your help, I will be here as much as i can in order to learn what I have to do to get to the point to develop like a company not only as a sole trader.

Thank you again !
Cristi Lupchian
www.justcleaning.eu
sales@justcleaning.eu

lupchiancristi

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 09:58:13 pm »

hours per clean (2)
days per week  (5)

Drew

I tried this app and first impression it is very simple when you quoting but actually the PDF quote is quite good and detailed (I am not sure if customer need that detailed breakdown of costing - such as holiday payment for staff etc; I don't think they interested in that)... Good for contract cleaning especially office cleaning

I wish you have got one ready and running for domestic cleaning then I would try it. I know the idea of having it running on mobiles, tablets is to enable to quote once on site but it would also be very handy to have it running on the desktop in the office and use to quote on the phone as most quotes for residential cleaning is still given instantly on the phone.

Not a bad app thought and I am sure it will develop further! ;-)

Pawel Zaporowski
FirstMaid Ltd
www.firstmaid.co.uk

Nice website, impressive to be honest..I would need some advices in what concerns regular residential cleaning..I know is different subject and should be different topic.

Thank you !
Cristi Lupchian
www.justcleaning.eu
sales@justcleaning.eu

lupchiancristi

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 10:02:06 pm »

hours per clean (2)
days per week  (5)

Drew
Thank you Drew for the app, In the paid version I suppose you have it more detailed.
You have the option to put your own price/h ? or things like 5 baths, 5 closed offices , eating area etc
And the last question...you have an app like that for residential cleaning as well... ?would be lovely...would save me from a lot of hassle..

Thanks again..
Regards,
Cristi
Cristi Lupchian
www.justcleaning.eu
sales@justcleaning.eu

lupchiancristi

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 01:43:41 pm »
Hi lupchiancristi,

Thanks for your replies. I think using the app from Drew will be of great help to you in correctly costing your commercial contract work. I understand from your profile your are in Ireland.

I know over here in England the commercial contract cleaning business is a very competitive/cutthroat market, with cleaning companies trying to undercut other companies all the time, trying to win new contracts. My advice is take care and don't get drawn into a price cutting war with other cleaning firms.

Do a through job, stick to your own fully prepared and written cleaning specification, know all your costs involved in running each contract; possibly using Drew's application and don't get drawn into under-pricing your self for your hard work.

Do give Drew a call and great some good advice and do email me if you need anything in future.

Good luck Phil

Hello Phil,
Where can i find a proposal letter for offices, commercial properties and property management agencies ?

Thank You !
Cristi Lupchian
www.justcleaning.eu
sales@justcleaning.eu

Tony Hodgkinson

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 06:20:04 pm »
Some great advice on here guys. We also charge by the hour. Once you get a feel for cleaning different size properties you will soon be able to price a job up. Sometimes you will get clients who want specific hours carrying out. I always say stay realistic and don't promise anything you cant do. I have an office who wants 2 hours each evening but really the office will take a good 4 hours to clean each room.
Mr Tony Hodgkinson
Hodgkinson Cleaning Services
E: info@hcs-cheshire.co.uk
W: www.hcs-cheshire.co.uk
Twitter: @hcscheshire

Drewheald

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 12:55:31 pm »
Hi All

Just a quick line to let you know that the download page is back up.

http://cleanquote.co.uk/resources-2/

Thats the good news....the bad news.....I am having to ask for a small charge to go towards the running of the site.

It's only a fiver, I hope you understand.

I will be offering a discount for bundle purchase (when I figure out how)lol.

Any questions just let me know

Drew

Tony Hodgkinson

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 07:13:52 pm »
Did you get the information you needed?
Mr Tony Hodgkinson
Hodgkinson Cleaning Services
E: info@hcs-cheshire.co.uk
W: www.hcs-cheshire.co.uk
Twitter: @hcscheshire